AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It seems that nobody else is waitng for the release of this camcorder in March ?

Does it mean it is a bad or not so good camcorder?

From the specs it seems very interesting!

and based on the review of previous models(HM-400)which did very well outdoors(resolution) the new backlit CMOS can bring some significant improvement in low light environments.

If Sony did well in low light with smaller sensor JVC should be even better with its 1/2.3" sensor I suppose.

I wonder what features it has against Sony and Panasonic worth mentioning?

It has no wide lens ,has the same (only) 2.8-inch LCD with a 207,000 pixel resolution that was featured on last year's HM400, HM1 has nice control dial, which you can use for focus or exposure,Many other useful buttons,

Deas not have LANC (Wired Remote)!

I'm not sure about the rec modes?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh I'm waiting too... I'm not prejudging any camcorder on brand name or paper performance... Bring on the reviews baby!

·
Registered
129 Posts
DSLR thanks for that link! you just confirmed that I made the right choice going with the Sony XR550V, the HFS21 and HM1 suck in the IS dept. Both Canon and Sony seem to have identical quality, the HM1 lacked sharpness and the colors looked dull.

Out of those 3, Sony is the clear winner. Canon fails to impress with their OIS again, as did JVC.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Was this a judgment based on one YouTube video? The HM400 was the sharpest camcorder of all camcorders in 2009, and had no less color saturation. It is hard to believe it is now less sharp and colorful than the others with the new model. It's possible; let's wait for some real tests of resolution.

I am so glad you are happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Color was one thing, lack of image stability was another, both Canon and JVC sucked in that department compared to the sony. Watch the video again and you will see how stable the Sony is when the guy is walking, then watch the other 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts