AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a JVC GZ-HM200. Any basic editing software recommendations? All I want to do is trim (delete unwanted frames) my recorded video without losing quality. The software that comes with it appears to do this but it does it without a timeline style layout witch makes it too much of a trial and error process.

Also, any way to deinterlace my recorded video without losing video quality? I don't want to change the resolution/frame size, just convert it from 1080i @ 29.97fps to 1080p @ whatever the best fps would be. I don't want to do this with all my recordings just certain ones that will be shared online.

TIA>

-g.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: HandBrake seems to do a good job converting my AVCHD video for web use.

As for trimming my video, I tried all the consumer video editing software I could find (Corel, Sony, Pinnacle, etc.) and the Corel Video Studio x2 seems to have the best trimmer (with the nice jog dial, etc.) but the Save Trimmed Video option is greyed out so how do I saved my trimmed video without re-encoding? Is it greyed out because it is a trial? Or am I stuck using the Pixela software that came with my camcorder (it will save without re-encoding but is cumbersome to cut out the frames I dont want)?

TIA>

-g.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.