Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by glweeks
I'm looking for this one also.... I'm hoping it comes out in black like the one shown here... 52z795
Since that is on the JVC website, I would be surprised if it is NOT all in black like shown...

I have been waiting so long for the 61Z585 that I hope the 795 comes out soon, and I can just switch to that...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like the only differences between the 575 (the one out now) and the soon (hopefully very soon) to be released 595 series are:

- Integrated A.T.S.C. Tuner

- EPG (Easy Programming Grid) -- whatever this is?

- Smart Captions -- whatever this is too?

- Smart Sound -- the 575 lists "Energy Star Compliant Sound Features". I wonder what the diff is?

- CableCARD Slot

- 1 i.LINK (firewire) Input

- 1 Optical Audio Output

I'm curious as to what the Center Channel Input does. Does it mean that I won't need my center channel speaker (the one sitting on top of my TV) and I can use the JVC's speaker to act as my center channel? If so, what are the pros/cons of using TV as the center channel. I don't think my center speaker fill fit on top of the JVC, so, this option might work for me... if the sound is still good.

Tim

·
Registered
479 Posts
Since I have been waiting for so long for my 61Z585, I am kind of hoping that the 61Z795 shows up soon and I can just swap for that.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I hope JVC doesn't pull a SONY and release their larger model before the smaller one. SONY just did this for their XS series. the 60" is out now and the 55" won't be out until the end of the month.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I wouldn't say "only" differences - I think they're pretty important differences. I've read speculation that they've improved the scaler for this model, but there doesn't seem to be a way to find out.

I hope it's all black too, but if you click on the link in post #2 and then click the multi screen link, it shows a black and silver unit. The smart video link there does not work- anybody know what this is?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any ideas on when the 795 is due out? (edited for correct model number, thx navychop)

I'm probably not going to be in the market for another month or two, may even be after the first of the year. I dont' know yet.

Think it'll hit by then, or still longer? Any guestimates on pricing?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
595? The 795 is due out November 2004. I plan to buy a 61" on Powerbuy, and not to give Neil any ideas, but I expect the price will be between $4,000 and $4,300 or so. I'm sure the 52" version will be a few hundred less. I suppose we could just add $500 to the current PB prices, but I'm hoping it'll be a bit better than that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
According to JVC, the 795's will only be offered in all black, just like the 585 series. :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Do you have a link stating this or any other info?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.