AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The popular Japan import site is now listing the HD1. It's showing a price close to MSRP, so no savings for importers on this one, but the good news is it claims to be shipping in 2 weeks....

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
There is a potential difference in the units. The Japanese unit will likely be released in Japan a little earlier than JVC ships the first shipments to US dealers.The official US units will be QCed by JVC in the US. I think this will delay the US release until mid Feb or about 3 1/2 weeks from now. But hey, you can give up the US warranty and potentially suffer ensuing grief, hassels and delay but earn the endearing praise and acclaim of legions of AVSers by being the first in the US to review a production model. A small price for immortality.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure many will, not me at that price, I'll wait for the AVS call and user reports to come in.

It might be better to wait for a couple revisions than to jump on the early ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.