AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
No, it's basically a HD350 in a matt black case. Although for some reason they quote the on/off contrast at 25,000:1 rather than 30,000:1 of the HD350. In practice the contrast is the same.

PS. Are you going for the record of how many new threads you can start?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Agree.

I'm curious to how accurate we could measure contrast ratio between 30k and 25k. Could any "golden-eyes" see the difference?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I guess with the right meter you could measure it, though whether you could see it except maybe in a direct comparison, is questionable. However, the quoted CRs shouldn't be focused on too much as in practice the HD250 and HD350/RS10 will be the same (bar slight tolerances in manufacture I guess). I think that they downgraded the HD250 figure to distance it from the newer RS40 perhaps as 25,000:1 is exactly half the RS40 figure of 50,000:1. Call me cynical.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
It is an RS10...with a flat case...period...I know, I was in great discussion with JVC about it since beginning of this year. To the OP, not sure why that dealer told you that...not even close to right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.