AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HD-350 for 2 1/2 years and just noticed a slight green bar about 3inches in width running vertical on the right side of the picture now. I'm in a dedicated room using a Carada screen. I have replaced the bulb and it hasn't fixed it. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

-Alan

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
It sounds like failure of the optical block. Usually it's a pink stripe, but probably just depends which colour chip has the issue. It's to do with the glue they used to make the block with apparently. JVC replaced some people's projectors with newer models because of this, but I think they are now trying to repair them instead. If it's out of warranty, then might be beyond economical repair.

You could always switch on the 2.5% masking to see if this will be enough to hide the stripe, then zoom your projector a little more to fill the screen. You'll lose 2.5% of the image, but if it's out of warranty, then better than nothing I think.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My 3-year old RS25 developed the pink stripe last month. It goes away after about 40 minutes of viewing, but a few weeks ago that would have been 30 minutes. It's obviously getting worse. I'll be purchasing a new one in a month or two, probably an RS-66. I want the 3-year manufacturers warrenty and there's a place here in Canada that will offer an additional 2-year warrenty for a price.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216  /t/1450948/jvc-hd350-problem-almost-panicked#post_22809973

I have my HD-350 for 2 1/2 years and just noticed a slight green bar about 3inches in width running vertical on the right side of the picture now. I'm in a dedicated room using a Carada screen. I have replaced the bulb and it hasn't fixed it. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

-Alan
Pleaase help by posting information regarding your problem HERE:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451654/attention-magenta-or-any-colored-stripe-defect-on-their-jvc-projector

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts