AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2 month old JVC HD52Z585. Unit no longer comes on and light in front on/off location just blinks about 30 seconds after an attempted turn on.

Service is coming out next week to fix. Any ideas on what they will be looking for?

Ed

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Was your lamp getting dim before it went off? Look through your instruction booklet and remove the lamp to see if the lamp is broken. My guess is also that your lamp has blown. If the lamp is blown, call JVC and they will overnight a new one to you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue
Was your lamp getting dim before it went off? Look through your instruction booklet and remove the lamp to see if the lamp is broken. My guess is also that your lamp has blown. If the lamp is blown, call JVC and they will overnight a new one to you.
Yes.. It grew dimmer over a 5-7 day period before it quit. My guess was the lamp as well, but figured there were others who would know more than my 2 months might show.

Ed

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called JVC. They also think it is the bulb and are overnighting one to us.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
jvc service has been excellent for me and im 3-4 hours from a tech, they will take care of you

·
Registered
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Dixon
Called JVC. They also think it is the bulb and are overnighting one to us.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Seems like very good cust service from a company that consistently gets slammed on here for that very reason.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue
Did you check to see if you needed to have your ballast replaced? I've gone through two bulbs with

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those that might be interested, the attached photo is what my blown blub looked like. The replacement arrived this morning and all is well.

The blown blub had a smooky look on the front. The replacement bulb was completely clear on front and one can see inside the bulb area.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.