AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just because they developed their own doesn't mean it was ready in time to be used in their PJ. I'd like to see a clear answer from Hitachi about whose panels are in there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve5097
Just because they developed their own doesn't mean it was ready in time to be used in their PJ. I'd like to see a clear answer from Hitachi about whose panels are in there.
Not that you can believe everything that's printed in EE Times, but it did explicitly say "Hitachi designed the part into a data projector that has just been released for the U.S. market." A statement directly from Hitachi would indeed be more believable. You'd think that if they are using their own chips that they would emphasize the fact.

- Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this part interesting:

"JVC is also working with Nikon Corp. to combine the D-ILA engine with Nikon's optical systems. The engine will be sold through Mitsui & Co. Ltd. "

·
Registered
774 Posts
The Hitachi projector does not use JVC D-ILA chips. The Christie Vivid Red does however and there will be more coming based on a Nikon engine as has been pointed out earlier.

Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.