AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchase my JVC D-VHS and am just fooling around with it. I have it hooked up to my old Panasonic TU-DST50 via the firewire port. My question is, can I record HD through a program, or do I have to manually record the HD channels? I tried to set a program, but it does not give the option to set the channel to I1, only F1 and L1 and L2? Do I have this setup wrong, or is this just the way the unit is? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
None of the JVC's, US or Japan, can do I link timer record. Thats why 169time had to do extra programming on the dtc100 to get it to be able to control timer I link to the JVC. What good is a D-VHS deck if you cant timer record on the I llink for HD?

Dave

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you have successfully recorded from the DST50 manually, then you can also do so using the DST50 timer. The JVC timer can't be used, as you have noted.

In this application the JVC 30kU will work nearly as well as the Panny HD1000 if you take the following precautions:

1) Turn off the "Power Save Mode" on the 30kU. That will cause the iLink to stay active even when it is turned off. Otherwise you will have to leave the 30kU on all the time to maintain it's iLink connection to the DST50.

2) Use only DVHS tapes, or do the appropriate drilling of SVHS cassettes to make them look like DVHS. Otherwise, again, you'll have to leave the JVC on (and set to DVHS HS mode) prior to timer recording.

The safest way (which also doesn't require the above precautions) is to set the timer on the DST50 and leave it, and the 30kU, powered on. Make sure the link is working, and set the 30kU to DVHS HS mode.

Works every time.... almost. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually I use my 30000, the Japanese version, for timer recording all the time. You just set the 30000 to the I-1 input and use the DST-50/51 timer to start and stop the recording. The DST50/51 reliably controls the 30000. It even turns it off when the recording is complete.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Thanks basically what the dtc100 does too. Still pretty dumb you cant timer record on the I link. This would allow you to put a number of them in serial or parallel.

dave

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Quote:
You just set the 30000 to the I-1 input and use the DST-50/51 timer to start and stop the recording. The DST50/51 reliably controls the 30000. It even turns it off when the recording is complete.
Can I do this with the HiPix HTPC using a firewire connection to the 30K as well?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't have a HiPix, but I've used the techniques detailed in Laszek's thread to transfer files back and forth between an XP computer and the Japanese DH30000. However, I was not able to do this with the US DH30000U. The DirectShow driver didn't seem to like the US version of the recorder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.