Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the unit delivered yesterday and it worked great all day. :(

This morning when we fired it up, image looked like watching a scrabled cable TV premium channel. It stays like that for a minute or so and slowly starts stabilizing. For the first half an hour to 40 minutes, images (irrespective of the source)--I checked, there are NO interference problems--jerks, the frequency and intensity decreases with the warmup time.

What could be the problem causing image stabilization problems on cold start?

I have to decide whether to call the Best Buy service or JVC. Not to crazy about calling the BB service since I cant return it after a service call. Planning to get rid of the BB service plan and going with Kemper Warranty which costs about $100 less for 5 years and I can use local trained/authorized technicians.

This is one of the first batch of sets Best Buy received from JVC. That was the main reason I got the service plan.

As far as the image is concerned, last night I watched a DVD (after AVIA calibration) via S-Video and thought the quality was great. Today, I remembered my 3 year old DVD Player, Toshiba SD3109 (interlaced) has component connections. Connected the component video connections with a freebee cable and fired up Lost in Space DVD, WOW S-Video paled by comparision. To my untrained eyes, it was one of the best pictures I have ever seen on any RPTV.

Despite the problems (service plans sure do give peace of mind in situations like this), my only regret is not waiting for the 56" version of this unit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a lemon from all accounts. BB is replacing the set at no cost to me.

BTW, according to JVC customer service, this unit is selling a "lot". Best Buy in my area says, this unit is the hottest selling item, this single unit surpassed the sales of all Toshibas combined. All the units in stock are already sold out, got my replacement commitment from the next shipment.

Ah! Well......Got to live with this lemon for a couple of weeks more.

BB is highly recommended. Wonderful price, paid $1700 with free shipment and got a $350 worth recliner and ottoman for free.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Adi,

I'm really sorry to hear that you got a lemon. Hopefully the replacement will be much better.

I also bought this set from Best Buy. Since this is my first rear projection tv, I wanted a very flexible return policy. However, I paid $1900 without the recliner and ottoman. According to the salesman, the recliner promotion was over. But I believe I bought it before you!

So, my question is where do you live? And also, when did you buy it? I'll try to get some money back, since it's been only 2 weeks since I bought this set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MD Best Buys have the recliner deal on again this week. Check your local store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.