AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears JVC will resume their previous plan of following Dish Network's hardware lead. The previously announced TU-9000 is no longer listed anywhere on the JVC web site, and the TU-DVR921RU, which sounds like a Dish 921 clone, is now taking it's place.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
The 9000 Didn't seem to make much sense anyway. Wasn't it a single tuner HD PVR? At $999, the 921 is cheap enough that most would have bought it instead of the 9000. That would mean the 9000 would have had to be priced at $700 or less. I guess they didn't want to get that cheap.

·
Registered
234 Posts
plus I think it also either would not tune or record OTA signals.

Tell the truth it would have needed to be 1/2 the price of the 921 to make any sense what-so-ever

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ay221
If you buy the JVC clone, do you still have to pay the $5 a month PVR ripoff fee, I mean access fee?
The clone isn't available yet, but it would be no different than any other Dish PVR in that respect.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
LOL, I was going to wait another 9 months to post a "LOL" reply, but decided not to. I just think to spend $5 to use a generic recorder is a ripoff, IMO.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Why would JVC market a HD DVR that won't work with their D-VHS VCRs?

Perhaps the JVC version has functional Firewire? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.