AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I saw one at Best Buy but those hacks had somehow piped a snowy feed of 'Ants' into it, so unfortunately I couldn't tell much about the set.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I also saw one at BB and i didn`t care for it.

It look cheaply built and the pq wasn`t that great.

If your looking at BB for an LCD , check out the new Toshiba 32HL95.

IMMHO>>It has got the best PQ i have seen from an LCD since the Sony KDL-32XBR950.

I`m not kidd`n , it really is that good. It has alot of goodies , and NO blurry picture and a full frame still that has to be seen to be belived.

No blocks, I watched a ball game and used the freeze when the ball was thrown and it froze solid and that was plain old cable and the picture quality , well it was better than any tube that I have seen in a long time.

It , of course , has all the inputs comp, S , 2 component , HDMI & PC & Optical audio out and TV Guide on screen that actully works !

If I was in the market for a small (speakers on the bottom) tv and didn`t care about how it sounded , I might be tempted :D

However , be for-warned , the sound is really bad.

I for one don`t want to fire up my whole set-up just to listen to the weather channel :eek:

But for the price and the PQ , it will be one of this years best values in LCD tv`s IMO :D

Gary

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29
I also saw one at BB and i didn`t care for it.

It look cheaply built and the pq wasn`t that great.

If your looking at BB for an LCD , check out the new Toshiba 32HL95.

IMMHO>>It has got the best PQ i have seen from an LCD since the Sony KDL-32XBR950.

I`m not kidd`n , it really is that good. It has alot of goodies , and NO blurry picture and a full frame still that has to be seen to be belived.

No blocks, I watched a ball game and used the freeze when the ball was thrown and it froze solid and that was plain old cable and the picture quality , well it was better than any tube that I have seen in a long time.

It , of course , has all the inputs comp, S , 2 component , HDMI & PC & Optical audio out and TV Guide on screen that actully works !

If I was in the market for a small (speakers on the bottom) tv and didn`t care about how it sounded , I might be tempted :D

However , be for-warned , the sound is really bad.

I for one don`t want to fire up my whole set-up just to listen to the weather channel :eek:

But for the price and the PQ , it will be one of this years best values in LCD tv`s IMO :D

Gary
Only problem is that it's gotta be bigger than 34" widescreen. I already have a 34" XBR Tube and need something bigger for the bedroom.

I figured I'd either get a 37-40" LCD or a 43-50" Plasma.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hi Sean,

They (Toshiba) will be making the exact same thing in a 37" !!

Model # 37HL95 , very few places are taking pre-orders , it should be avalible the end of Aug. ~first ~Sept.

I was really shocked at how good it looked in a real (home) setting with SD cable.

37" has same res. so there may be some break up , but it still would be worth checking out.

I was told that BB will Sp order the 37" IF it`s in there system , with a 30 return policy.

Vann`s will also be carrying both sizes.

Gary

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 40" is too new so there are no reviews out yet. However, here is a link to a review for the 32" JVC LT-32X776 which we can assume for now is similar. The review liked the picture quality but had a few issues with the menu system. I saw the 40" at BB and I liked the picture quality compared to the 37" LG LCD it was next to.

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdt...d_review.shtml

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.