AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this TV. I see Consumer Reports rates it pretty highly (4th overall in their 46-47" LCD section, just ahead of the Sony Bravia KDL-46V5100) but I was wondering what other people thought about it since JVC is not a brand I typically associate with excellent TVs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmatharien /forum/post/16945337

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this TV. I see Consumer Reports rates it pretty highly (4th overall in their 46-47" LCD section, just ahead of the Sony Bravia KDL-46V5100) but I was wondering what other people thought about it since JVC is not a brand I typically associate with excellent TVs.

Thanks.

I've had a JVC LT-46FN97 for 3 years and Love it check the thread on that TV, very well built and great picture and no problems, If the model your looking at is any where near has good has mine you will be very happy!

·
Registered
170 Posts
i am wondering if this hdtv is any good? how is PQ? i read on hdtvsolutions that shadow detail is iffy. i was considering the first generation model of this set last fall. the ipod dock for me is gravy; i do not have one. i have seen one at a sams club so i know they are good. my main competition with this tv is the new hitachi alpha 42 inch 1080p. the thing that scares me about hitachi is that a girl i am getting to know said she bought a slim model ultravision and had it repaired several times after only 2 months. i do not know if this means steer clear...or if hitachi has fixed their ways? that model is well known to be their blunder.

·
Registered
117 Posts
JVC - I really havent heard this brand of TV...But i reasearched on it and i got the following information :

It may deliver less accurate colors, But the price i saw is as same as the other top brands TV models.

You can enjoy Ipod content easily. Also produces relatively deep black colors.

I think you can easily buy a well known brand TV in same price where you will get customer service easily...

·
Registered
14 Posts
JVC makes a fine reliable product.

Are there better? Of course but JVC is nothing to sneez at.

I own a JVC LT-46sl89 and I absolutely love it. The picture quality is outstanding and the bezel itself is gorgeous.

I could have gone with a cheaper tv but the JVC looked better and I didn't mind paying the higher price tag. It's a 60hz and if I never told you or you never researched you could never tell.

Everything I own is JVC and so far no regrets!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts