AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering the G-15...does anyone know if it will be made obsolete soon by newer units? how long has this model been out and what sort of revision history? any info on dvi input?

thx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tom Stites (JVC guy) told me 2 months ago that the question of DVI/HDCP inputs remained undecided. This prompted me to buy current technology.

If you're shopping now, and they announce it at CES, it is often still 3rd quarter till its available.

There are some non-xenon bulb LCOS projectors out now or soon from Hitachi and Christie Digital. The Christie vivid red will have DVI, but no HDCP. There's a thread on the Hitachi elsewhere in this section.

The higher rez DILA chip is not expected to filter down to consumer models anytime soon.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
774 Posts
Jim,

We will have a new model coming after the first of the year (probably Feb) that will be targeted at the HT market. While it will have some improvements over the G15, it will be more expensive.

The G15 will still provide the most bang for the buck if you want a model with really good colorimetry (xenon lamp). The jury is still out on the new LCOS models with UHP lamps...I haven't seen one personally that I thought was ready for prime time. Maybe by this time next year we'll see some better options at the lower end of the price scale.

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.