AVS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,386 Posts
Try it on the NX5 since that's the one the OP is interested in and report back.
I don't, sorry. I think it's either when she is in the lab and begins to merge into the computer or at the end.
Well darn I may not be able to test this frame unless someone else might know about where in the movie it is time stamp wise? I might try to scan around a bit and see if I get lucky but that may also not work out so well especially if the scene is short.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Thank you! In your example above with the two hypothetical projectors, when you say fairly optimized room, do you refer here to a totally dark theater room? A living room at night, without any lights, would be that much worse? I know the totally black theater room is the best but if you need to score them in a 1 to 10 scale and let's say the dark cave is 10 and the living room at daytime when the sun is directly shines to the screen is 1, where would you put the living room at night with total darkness, and no lights turned on on a 1 to 10 scale? If there is so much difference between a living room setup (even if it is totally dark) and a dark theater cave, maybe I would be better off to just buy the new LG HU810 or XIAOMI 4k 1S and spend more money on a great display?

"... difference in the way each technology displays its images..." <- that's true. It's really hard to understand / judge a projector just by reading the reviews. I'll try to find place where I can see more projectors live. Thank you for the explanation about the different contrasts.

Thank you again for the info, this is very helpful for me.
A black room which is covered with light absorbing material means that as the image on the screen gets brighter you aren’t having the rooms surfaces reflecting back and affecting the image being projected by the projector. You really can’t underestimate the room’s affect and it’s not till you might make the change that you see the difference.

Your scaling depends on other factors too, colour of walls/ceiling and how close is the screen to either, then there is the screen being used is it white, grey or ALR.

Reactions: markmon1
21 - 23 of 23 Posts