Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience copying tapes from HD1000 to JVC 30000 (pref Japanese) or the other way around?

If the JVC is the recorder, can you watch a picture on the Component or S out while it is recording?

I think that I have heard about success with the Panasonic as the source - does it work the other way around also?

Are there any compatibility issues playing tapes recorded on a JVC using a Panasonic unit (I know there are the other way around...)?

Any answers welcomed.

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Phloyd,

Panny -> JVC works just fine. I haven't tried the other way around yet.

Yes you can monitor the recording from the component out. I am not sure of the low def outputs work simultaneously though...

I can try some experiments tonight if you'd like...

Regards, Peter

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Abq-Pete
Phloyd,

Panny -> JVC works just fine. I haven't tried the other way around yet.

Yes you can monitor the recording from the component out. I am not sure of the low def outputs work simultaneously though...

I can try some experiments tonight if you'd like...
It would be great if you could check these things. Most important to me is the S out monitoring as I expect that I will not have a component capable display handy.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You can monitor using the S output is you choose in the video menu the downconverted to 480i option.

The S output is disabled if you are in 1080i or 720p mode.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by robena
You can monitor using the S output is you choose in the video menu the downconverted to 480i option.

The S output is disabled if you are in 1080i or 720p mode.
Ok.

Will that still record the original bitstream or will that cause the JVC to convert it to 480i, MPEG encode and record that?

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If you are in HS mode, the original bitsteam will be recorded.

The 30000 has a tendency to switch speed mode by itself, you have to be careful to be in HS mode (and DVHS mode if you use an SVHS tape) when you hit REC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.