AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of the pro's here can advise me on solving a small problem. My projector image has a Cyan tint to parts of a movie,although i don't think its a projector tech problem. I think it is more to do with my setting.Sometimes can not be noticed but for the most part its there. I have a JVC X5500 and was wondering what to change to make the image more realistic. The nearest calibrator to me is around 4 hours away and is very unrealistic unless he had more than 1 job to do so not worth his travel. I was wondering if there was a quick fix. Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,406 Posts
I am wondering if any of the pro's here can advise me on solving a small problem. My projector image has a Cyan tint to parts of a movie,although i don't think its a projector tech problem. I think it is more to do with my setting.Sometimes can not be noticed but for the most part its there. I have a JVC X5500 and was wondering what to change to make the image more realistic. The nearest calibrator to me is around 4 hours away and is very unrealistic unless he had more than 1 job to do so not worth his travel. I was wondering if there was a quick fix. Cheers everyone.
Perhaps display a photo of the problem.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Perhaps display a photo of the problem.
I just solved the issue by resetting all my picture settings to factory settings and then followed these settings for a maturer picture
. Its a little duller but will get used to it. A lot more detail now and the cyan colour has toned down quite a bit. The only thing i changed to following this video was the Gamma from 2.4 to 2.6 and the iris which i opened up a little more. I then went into my source player and brightened the picture up just a little. Its looking plenty better than before. I still don't know what i am doing though,:) but still considering there is no calibrators in my area i am pretty chuffed at the result compared to the mess i created.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts