Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

It looks like it will be yet another month. Christmas in July?

I am starting to look for a replacement Pearl.

No refurbs at the Sony outlet in San Marcos yesterday. I don't think they get any there, unless the guy I talked to never really noticed the difference between the Ruby and the Pearl.

Too bad the price hasn't plunged as far as most predicted. It is not even down 10% (and barely down 10% at some internet sellers) from what I paid in the prebuy 8 months ago.

Maybe I should just go to a Sharp 720 at costco. I never notice RBE, but i did notice that I could watch more movies with the Pearl than the old LT-150. I was a little fatigued after 1 movie on the LT-150. Could have been from the noise , though.

Figuring that JVC could actually produce these projectors in sufficient volume to meet preorders within 3 months from first shipments was apparently a big mistake. I guess I was just made so optimistic by the Pearl preorders shipping before they were expected.

It is looking like it may take at least 5 months from first shipment now.

I can't out do "July Version Coming," but it is time to start trying.

Jokingly Vanishing Capacity?

I wonder if the Preorders for the VPL-VW60 will get out before the RS-1 preorders are filled?

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"Maybe I should just go to a Sharp 720 at costco."

It throws a heck of a nice picture. I bought one to try out and maybe wait for the next round of projectors. My seating distance is too close so I see SDE and can't get past the RBE. However, even still it looks very good.

Shawn

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well lets see. Is Tom Stites right with the "weekly bunches" or is he (once again) wrong and those in the preorder wont see anything till July?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B /forum/post/0

ShoDoug;

If you are taking about San Marcos, Texas, you may want to try the Sony store at the New Dominion Mall. It is off Mopac and Burnet Rd.

Mr Ian B

Thanks,

I will give it a try.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by costa /forum/post/0

Well lets see. Is Tom Stites right with the "weekly bunches" or is he (once again) wrong and those in the preorder wont see anything till July?

I did not mean to contradict Tom. I do not remember him saying that there would be weekly batches.

I was basing my thoughts on what Jason reported; that he got in a tiny batch and the next batch, next month, should be big enough for all preorders.

That and no dealer reports of any volume shipments to anybody else just made me feel like we were going to get another month of the same stuff.

I could have misunderstood.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfogg /forum/post/0

"Maybe I should just go to a Sharp 720 at costco."

It throws a heck of a nice picture. I bought one to try out and maybe wait for the next round of projectors. My seating distance is too close so I see SDE and can't get past the RBE. However, even still it looks very good.

Shawn

The Sharp would probably be nice enough that I could wait until the next round.

At my seating distance ( about 14' on an eight foot wide screen ) I did appreciate the resolution of the Pearl, but with the improvement of the Sharp over my LT-150 in so many other ways, I am thinking that maybe I could wait.

I was wanting to go wider with a 2.35 CIH setup, though. That would probably have to wait.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Maybe there will be better news, or I will just feel differently about the same news...

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tom said:

"As a side note, we have already started receiving and shipping product for this month and will continue through the end of the month, Jason should start receiving product shortly."

That was on the 18th. To me this implies multiple shipments for the remainder of the month and since there were only 12 days left...weekly.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:

Tom said:

"As a side note, we have already started receiving and shipping product for this month and will continue through the end of the month, Jason should start receiving product shortly."

That was on the 18th. To me this implies multiple shipments for the remainder of the month and since there were only 12 days left...weekly.

Oh,

I understood that to mean that the units were coming in, and they would ship them as they went through QC. I never really took it to mean that there would be more than one shipment to any particular Distributor. I thought it was business as usual, just like in previous months.

It seems he has gone quiet again, so we might not be able to find out whose understanding is closer to what he meant. I hope that you are.

Overall, catdaddy67 summed it up pretty well in his last post of the closed 4th wave thread...

" I find it very hard to believe that all of the HD1s and RS1 out there are pre-orders to JVC, whether from AVS or distributors. Its not that JVC is wrong to fill orders from all their distributors, if they were preorders, my issue with JVC is if they are filling orders in that ARENT preorders ahead of the preorders."

Additionally, I (Doug) feel that JVC should have let us know that preorders would have taken five months to fill, if that many existed.

The "small batch now big batch next month" is starting to sound more and more like "two more weeks".

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Jasons post says he was just told he will get a small batch before the large batch in June. We have yet to get that small batch. He should get the details on the small batch next week. Another dealer confirm he heard the same.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/0

Jasons post says he was just told he will get a small batch before the large batch in June. We have yet to get that small batch. He should get the details on the small batch next week. Another dealer confirm he heard the same.

It seems that I have heard that before. The small order is always now, and the large order is always next month.

Maybe it really is true this time?

I wonder what the most recent serial numbers are, and how they have changed from wave to wave.

Oh well. Time for a good summer. I am tired of thinking about how JVC has been treating us.

They knew in November what their orders were, and they knew what their production capabilities were. They have said that they have not had any problems in production. If so, and if they really are filling orders in anything close to the order they were received, then they knew back in early December that we would not get our projectors until mid or late summer.

Why would they have ramped up production now, when they were not willing to do so in December? :shrug:

I just don't put a very high probability on the June shipment being that large, or coming to AVS before the very end of June. It wouldn't fit in with the kind of company that JVC has shown me they are.

Hopefully they will give me a pleasant surprise, but I really doubt it.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I don't know what the deal is with your AVS orders, but since I already have my HD-1, I think I can safely say this; I know it sucks waiting for your projectors. But I've seen several of the RS-1/HD-1's competitors. And IMO, I think you will be glad you waited, as opposed to jumping ship to another projector (including the Sony). I believe the picture of JVC is well worth waiting for. And I think that in the long run, your patience will be rewarded.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar /forum/post/0

I don't know what the deal is with your AVS orders, but since I already have my HD-1, I think I can safely say this; I know it sucks waiting for your projectors. But I've seen several of the RS-1/HD-1's competitors. And IMO, I think you will be glad you waited, as opposed to jumping ship to another projector (including the Sony). I believe the picture of JVC is well worth waiting for. And I think that in the long run, your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks,

We'll see how it goes.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Ive got an HD1 already, as well, but that doesnt prevent me from being irate at JVC about my pre-order RS1. However you slice it this is a conscious decision by someone at JVC to NOT fill these pre-orders dating back to November.

Is it really possible that there are distributors (aside from AVS) out there with pre-December pre-orders who are still waiting on some of them to be filled?

I really find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I really can't see a big company making a boneheaded move like this and piss off a vocal group of ht enthusiats. But thinking about it, I am sure had they said "based on preorders, the first X will get your PJs early March, and the rest of you in May or June" (and they knew this was going to be the case based on what we have been told) that most of these guys would had jumped ship on the very first day they heard that. So keeping people waiting with promises that the next bunch would fill all preorders every month, they managed to hold on to most of them. Ethical? No. Business as usual? Yes. They are getting money out of it, and since they will probably get bought (if they do), they don't care about anything else.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:

I really can't see a big company making a boneheaded move like this and piss off a vocal group of ht enthusiats. But thinking about it, I am sure had they said "based on preorders, the first X will get your PJs early March, and the rest of you in May or June" (and they knew this was going to be the case based on what we have been told) that most of these guys would had jumped ship on the very first day they heard that. So keeping people waiting with promises that the next bunch would fill all preorders every month, they managed to hold on to most of them. Ethical? No. Business as usual? Yes. They are getting money out of it, and since they will probably get bought (if they do), they don't care about anything else.

Only problem in that logic is that why would they want people to stay in the preorder queue? (again, I know big companies and logic do not always travel together..)

If the people in line dropped out, then JVC would be able to sell the projectors they can build at a higher price.

Personally, I would not have dropped out. I would have just not sold my Pearl.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know Doug. Maybe having a guaranteed sale is better than nothing. Maybe JVC makes the same amount of money whether they sell it through AVS or someone else. Or who knows.

Personally, I would had dropped out. Especially since my other projector died in December.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.