AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone on the pre-buy list or on any list with the RS1 should read this guys latest thread..

"HellO Audiovision

I wouldnt be too hasty to discount the idea of not going CIH. Once you see it you will never want to go back to conventional 16:9 screen. This is if you want to recreate the cinematic experience as the closest you can.

I actually saw the the mitsubishi hc5000 yesterday with a toshiba HD DVD player running, not the unit with 1080p. I looked into the various modes for picture manipulation ie vertical stretch. It does'nt appear to do it as well. The black levels were ok but not what I would expect the JVC will do. The mit. is a relatively short throw PJ as well so you need to consider these things as well. The JVC is more suited to this set up and with the brightness to boot.

I have just had a phone conversation with mr XX and all is being done to take the request on board for vertical stretch from JVC. They are monitoring (as you would expect) this forum and related threads. So this our chance to voice our concerns and educate them what is required.

So I would hold off for your PJ purchase and read some threads about CIH. There is a great guy in Australia that has a very cost effective lens solution. - CAVX-

Thanks

Ben"

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...64#post9465564

Sounds like to me there is still a chance? Is this guy credible? Does anyone know him?

This may be too good to be true but If this guy is right this is the best news yet! Better than the lumens or CR!

I responded to him but have yet to get an answer, got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
What exactly is needed to get this implemented? If they do decide to implement it, how much of a delay would there be in releasing the units? I would imagine this can't be done over night, and we are already in the middle of January.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If it delays it a week or two, so be it. Having the vertical stretch function implemented will make a lot of people happy, and convert a lot of people still on the fence... particularly those who didn't get in on the prebuy. JVC has already received a lot of praise for the PJ... it will go through the roof if this is implemented.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Would be awesome if true!

·
Registered
871 Posts
First, I am not on the pre-buy list. However, I think JVC should release the projector before implementing the CIH stretch mode. The first firmware update should implement the CIH stretch mode. It should not be hard, considering the Gennum processor is more than capable of doing this and has been doing so for quite some time in other pj's and scalers. Nevertheless, as much as I want an RS-1, and as much as I want to have CIH, I would rather see those on the pre-buy list get theirs as soon as possible. I think they may just go insane with anticipation if there are any delays beyond late February.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am on pre-order and vertical stretch is a must as I am NOT willing to spend another 1.5K for scaler just to do vertical stretch when cheaper 1080p projector from Panasonic can do. I prefer Panasonic AX100 over 1000U for higher lumens and value. Then wait for 2nd generation 1080p pj when they come out with higher lumens AND vertical stretch.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Lucky? The projectr MSRP is $6300. Street is supposedly $5000.

I don't even what this vertical stretch is but to say someone is lucky for getting a feature in $6300 product.

You do realize there are many people out there who don't even own a car that costs more than that?

XD,

ELmO

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/0

Lucky? The projectr MSRP is $6300. Street is supposedly $5000.

I don't even what this vertical stretch is but to say someone is lucky for getting a feature in $6300 product.

You do realize there are many people out there who don't even own a car that costs more than that?

XD,

ELmO

From the sounds of it you are not even on this pre-buy list or any list for that matter so why would you even chime in here? What help did you exactly contribute to this thread with that statement?

I think people who are committing to the RS1 don't care for ANY other PJ 'cause this baby looks like it IS the cream of the crop for a fraction of the price & YES native 15K CR is the best there is at this moment making it the cream of the crop so $5000 or anywhere around it is a darn bargain with or without the stretch and if it is included we'd be a lucky bunch indeed.

Now what exactly is your point?

Actually, never mind.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

Quote:
The ability to do vertical stretch was requested directly to factory personnel at CEDIA in September. They said they would investigate providing that feature. To this date, we have had no further comment from the factory.
Quote:
No assumptions should be made regarding either inclusion of this feature in the product when it ships shortly or the ability to implement it via firmware upgrade at some later date.

Tom Stites saying NOT to rule it out. Heres the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=53&pp=30

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
That looks liek it could be the ticket for scaling. Been looking for something cost efective for just the correct stretch.

Nate

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Ive seen that out there, but for $450 how big is the possibility that it doesnt scale good? Or is scaling a piece of cake for just about any scaler?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Others probably heard this as well, but I was told directly by the JVC rep working the setup at CES that JVC was "working to implement 2.35" and would be "providing that ability going forward."

This is a firmware revision issue that should be relatively easy to solve.

Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have no problem waiting a little longer for the projector to ship if they are willing to add the vertical stretch. I would much rather have it out of the box then having to wait for a firmware update, but a later update would sure be better then not having the stretch at all. This feature is very important to me, and we are lucky that JVC is monitoring these forums so we have a chance to express concerns. Keeping my fingers crossed for the stretch!

·
Registered
556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhahn /forum/post/0

If it is going to be in a future update it would be most excellent if JVC would indicate a ship date. I can bear living without CIH for awhile, possibly, if I know what "awhile' is.

I feel the same way. If I hear nothing about it before first week of Feb, I have to rush get some projector and it will be AX100 for the vertical stretch feature it has. The saved money can be used to buy a 1080p pj within the next year.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If nothing else, the avforums shootout indicated the projector will do horizontal squeeze on HD sources. So those using a fixed VC lens can hook a HDTV cable box or game console to the projector and look right. I'm hoping that proves true with the production models. I'm still eager to see if they can set up vertical stretch!

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I've been on the phone to JVC and the stated the CIH is on the cards, It will be pesonally delivered to all owners by Elvis, just after he stops flipping burgers in the Area 51 McDonalds.

Chris Dallas..... Nice to see you attack someone else who questions the fallability of the HD-1. Are all you guys Scientologists or Mooneys? This machine has become a religion and woe betide any blasphemers

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.