AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to make sure I get a sharp image, as well as good video processing, what would you guys recommend? The JVC RS-1 or a W10000 with the HD3000 scaler from Optoma? Obviously the BenQ/scaler combo will be more expensive, but keeping that aside, has anyone seen any comparable combo's at CES?

· Registered
8,008 Posts
I haven't seen the W10000, but I did evaluate the HD3000 scaler. It is a very nice unit, and would almost certainly significantly improve the performance of the W10000.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I keep following the JVC discussion, I already noticed the same panel-allignment issues as with the Sony's. It's safe to say that this is probably the LCOS's weakness, and will probably remain an issue for a while.
I think it will be best to stick to DLP after all
If only those 3 chippers would come down in price

· Registered
1,110 Posts
The JVC does allow for convergence adjustments to some extent so I'm not too worried about alignment issues at this point. We won't know for sure until they hit this streets but this hasn't sounded like an issue in the pre-production models seen to date. Am I missing something regarding panel alignment problems to date? Don't remember any postings reporting this at this point.

Quote:
When I keep following the JVC discussion, I already noticed the same pannel-allignment issues as with the Sony's. It's safe to say that this is probably the LCOS's weakness, and will probably remain an issue for a while. I think it will be best to stick to DLP after all If only those 3 chippers would come down in price

· Premium Member
25,573 Posts
"When I keep following the JVC discussion, I already noticed the same panel-allignment issues as with the Sony's."

Everything I've read says that the convergence has been very good, and certainly nothing like the Sony's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.