AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the question ,I was thinking or purchasing one of those 2 projector.

Which one gives me the best for my bucks,movie 50%,video gaming 40% and hd tv 10%,on Carada 110-114 brilliant white in a room whit 25-26 feet lenght,12-13 feet width and around 8 feet height.

Thank you

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
I think there's no question that the RS1x is the better pj, but it costs more. You have to decide whether or not you think the extra cost is worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the difference of the cost is not a problem but the the price of the RS1x is my top.............I heard about the Epson Home Cinema 1080UB is in the game whit the sony and the jvc............

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lot of folks like the new Sony. I had the Pearl went to the RS-1 and never looked back.

Very happy with that.

Also, the JVC has a lovely positional option the Sony can't match. I have mine to the side of the living room and it's just great to have it sitting near the wall. And the picture shows no pain for it either.

The Sony is not comparable for horizontal shift. I love that feature.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have the vw60. While it is a good projector it may not be the best gaming projector. The RS1x would probably a better choice for gaming but at half the price the 1080ub looks to be very attractive.

·
Registered
865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_t /forum/post/14185676

I have the vw60. While it is a good projector it may not be the best gaming projector. The RS1x would probably a better choice for gaming but at half the price the 1080ub looks to be very attractive.

Why do you say that? I would think with convergence the vw60 would be sharper, colors more accurate and I believe the Sony is brighter at 1000 rated lumens vs 700 for the JVC, no? I too am trying to decide between these 2 pros for a 2nd system (gaming).

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 /forum/post/14196556

Why do you say that? I would think with convergence the vw60 would be sharper, colors more accurate and I believe the Sony is brighter at 1000 rated lumens vs 700 for the JVC, no? I too am trying to decide between these 2 pros for a 2nd system (gaming).

The JVC RS1 is much more accurately (honestly?) rated than the fantasy ratings on most projectors. Typical spec-sheet ratings for projectors are based on settings that you would never actually use (cranking everything for max brightness at the expense of watchability).

In real life, an RS1 will typically be in the 600-650ish lumen range, while a calibrated VW60 will be closer to the 500-550ish lumen range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts