AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone else who owns this PJ has experienced this issue. Was using the PJ and apparently without cause, no weather/lighting or brownout, I suddenly had an overlay of 58 vertical green lines equally spaced across the image area. I have tried restarting the PJ, changing input sources, disconnecting all cables, except the power. Tried using the internal test patterns all to no effect, lines remain. PJ only has about 1,250 hours on it. If anyone has experienced this and can offer some idea of what I am looking at I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar issue with a JVC DLA-X500 and it turned out the main board was causing the issue and it had to be swapped out. Luckily mine was under warranty and got fixed for free:

Thanks for the reply. I've already been in touch with Mendtronix and they indicated that was the likely culprit. Mine is not under warranty and they said the JVC main boards run between $700 and $1K. Sounds like you were quite luck that yours was under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I've already been in touch with Mendtronix and they indicated that was the likely culprit. Mine is not under warranty and they said the JVC main boards run between $700 and $1K. Sounds like you were quite luck that yours was under warranty.
That sounds about right. My personal projector is still the RS35. The main board failed on it at about the same hours. The projector was not used for two years after the board failed on the original owner (a friend and client). He gave it to me upon buying a replacement. It was not in warranty, but I had the repair done at JVC's Long Beach facility for a similar investment. If your screen is not too big and you have a good unit, it's probably worth the investment. Long Beach can still do all repairs on it except the light block. Mendtronix can do that if ever needed.

Calibrated, the RS35 cannot reach the 16fL white spec in my installation, but the room is quite large, therefore no nearby reflective surfaces...therefore it's so dark in the room that the lower output is the equivalent to using the manual iris in a bat cave; seriously impressive contrast. I put a new lamp in it at the time of the board swap. I love the darn thing. I do use it with a Panamorph lens for scope, and Lumagen 2021 with 3D LUT calibration.

Glad to see some are still out there. :) If you get a wild hair, I'm considering selling this one for about $1K only because I'm considering a new model. But maybe I'll change my mind after watching tonight's movie with it. ;) New lamp has about 150 hours on it. Old lamp still serviceable as a back up.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi guys, do u guys think i have the same issue with my epson 6500ub?

Thanks
Femi

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts