AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I worry about buying a new JVC projector from ebay? Would I still have access to the full warranty? I get this omnious message when going to the RS420 product page:

Code:
JVC Visual Systems Division sells this D-ILA projector only through authorized Distributors, Dealers and Custom Installers that offer quality support before and after the sale. JVC expressly prohibits its authorized resellers from selling this model over the Internet. JVC is actively pursuing legal action against businesses in violation of its policy for copyright infringement, misrepresentation and fraud. For your protection, and to receive authorized support, JVC recommends that its customers not purchase this model through unauthorized Internet channels.

·
Registered
32,471 Posts
You definitely need to ask some questions regarding updates on a 420. There were several updates and some that you nor a dealer could perform. The correction could only be done by JVC. This means, if the projector does not have all of the latest updates, you will have to send the projector in to JVC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were several updates and some that you nor a dealer could perform. The correction could only be done by JVC. This means, if the projector does not have all of the latest updates, you will have to send the projector in to JVC.
Thanks, that settles it then. I didn't realize that it was so involved. Not worth the risk; I'll get in touch when ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts