AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a decision between the JVC RS45 (b-stock, $1,999) and the Epson 8500UB (refurbished, $1,199). Ideally I want my screen size to be either 106" or 110". The projector will be ceiling mounted about 16 feet away from the screen, but my room is flexible enough for me to move the projector a few feet closer or further. My room is also light controlled. As for what I will be using the projector for, the following is my split:

HDTV (40%)

Sports HDTV, occasionally with some ambient light (25%)

Movies, 2D Blu-ray (25%)

Gaming, online and offline Call of Duty Black Ops II, Madden 13, etc. (10%)

I have almost no interest in 3D, so, the JVC's lackluster 3D performance is a non-issue for me.

From the reviews I have read, if my sole interest was movies, then the JVC RS45 would be the projector for me, hands down. But, since I will be watching a fair amount sports and gaming (lag time), my search has led me to include the Epson 8500UB. I understand that most wouldn't put those two in the same conversion, but due to my needs, budget, and availability, I have come down to these two.

So, my question to JVC RS45 owners is how has it fared for you when watching sports or playing games?

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
JVC RS-45 and add a Darbee Darblet...

I don't recall to what the Epson 8500ub lag-time was.

These two projectors are not in the same league, the JVC is an easy choice from these two. The Epson's only superior feature in this case might be the lag-time, other than that the JVC beats it handily in pretty much every category.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts