AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I have a little bit of bad news. The S15U is designed for rear projection applications. It has a fixed 1:1 wide angle lens with no zoom. This will make its placement much less flexible.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Yes, a lack of zoom is certainly a drawback for people that want to use both 4:3 and 16:9 sources on a 16:9 screen.

But it did just occur to me that an S15 and an ISCO II lens would allow rear projection of an 8' wide screen and only require 6' of throw. If the ISCO II didn't vignette with such a wide-angle light path entering it.

That would be a much smaller room of your house to set aside than most poeple think of when they consider rear projection.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have recently picked up a JVC S15U DILA projector but havn't set it up yet just worrying that it might not be the one I need exactly. I have looked around seeing that the S15U is about $4000-$5000 more expensive then the G15 also. Is this just because of the lens or is there more to it?

Would anyone out there be interested in trading this S15U for a G15? It has 0 hours on it.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.