AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
HDR to me is almost as important as 4K for my next projector. Actually if the 2K HDR one is affordable, with great JVC blacks, I may just consider it.

I don't think 4K without HDR offers the full Bluray UHD experience anyway.

EDIT : I just realized (also in the title of this thread, me = dummy) those are rear projection systems, at 70 inch and less. Might as well buy an HDTV with HDR in it, like a Vizio or a Sammy. Or an OLED HDR model.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
If you read the JVC press release the 4K RPTV screen size is only 70" and the 2K model only 36". Doing HDR in a front projector with a descent size screen would be extremely difficult. I'm going to be discussing that in an upcoming blog at Projector Reviews.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Achieving decent HDR with a FP would depend on variety of factors including how large ones screen is but it really would not depend on whether one's screen was of descent size (a small enough size to get it down a flight of stairs?). Perhaps you mean DECENT as in maybe Mark will someday manage to make a decent post rather than his normal trivial babble about typos or spelling errors made by esteemed members of the AV press. As usual Mr. Phelps, this post will self delete (my definition of a selfie) after the correction is made. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.