AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Do the manufacturers still honor their warranty if projectors are purchased online such as through ebay?

Most of the ads I read state manufacturers warranty.

How is Sony able to fix their projector prices? I thought this sort was illegal? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengali  /t/1471767/jvc-sony-epson-warranty-through-internet#post_23290083

Hi,

Do the manufacturers still honor their warranty if projectors are purchased online such as through ebay?

Most of the ads I read state manufacturers warranty.

How is Sony able to fix their projector prices? I thought this sort was illegal?
Just curious.

The federal rules were changed in 2007 as the result of a US Supreme Court ruling that allowed manufacturers to enforce a minimum price their products can be sold at. Sony is doing this for some of their, generally higher end, products.

Up until 1975 we had "fair trade laws" in the USA that allowed manufacturers to set the minimum selling price but the law was changed that year to make this illegal. The newer ruling of 2007 has essentially made this legal again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.