Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI,

JVC will hold a small dealer demo/meeting this Friday (the 13th) at their

D-ILA Theater Zone building in West Hollywood, California.

Consumers like myself are also welcome as well, Audie Scott will be available to discuss the products and answer any questions.

The SX-21 (one of the hand built original demo units) and the G150 will be available for comparison and review.

If anyone is interested in attending, let me know and I will PM you with further details.

I am personally looking forward to seeing both products, as well as my first viewing of D-ILA technology.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
how much will the SX-21 street for?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
The question should be "will it street?". Two years ago it was the G3010 then the DX-1 , now the SX-21. Will this projector ever get into the American consumers hands before they lose interest?

Not if they keep giving demos:rolleyes:

Are prototypes vaporware?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tryg,

I hope this unit will hit the street in Feb/March as suggested.

However, I have money burning a hole in my pocket and if the SX-21 isn't available I will most likely buy the Infocus or some other HD2 DLP PJ.

The business is JVC's to loose.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Marshall
That is one of the questions I will cover on Friday.
Yeah, ask if "prototypes are vaporware?" I'd certainly be interested in their reponse :)

A far as the business is JVC's to loose, I'm not sure they care. Their track record over the last few years is hardly to be described as competative.

Tom, I'm not trying to take the wind out of your sails, as the unit is likely a VERY nice projector. I can't wait till it ships and we get to actually use it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Tom

See if you can find out if the G150 will accept a native input of 1365 x 1024. Either via RGB or DVI. My room will be done in 2 weeks and the G150 comes out of the box.

Tony Costanza

·
Registered
450 Posts
Daniel,

How??? I have a G150 (bought from AVS) and have not gotten it to accept native resolution on the RGB inputs. I started a thread on this sometime ago. Tom Stites was supposed to remember how to do it when he got his demo unit back but that hasn't happened yet.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I would have to say that although it is highly possible or even probable that JVC have had geniune delays with this usit does no one else think that the 'ready to ship' units at the show that was performed and set up superbly stopped a lot of buyers considering other units and still is doing....

Considering what this delay is costing them in sales you would think that if this is a small single componentn change they could be hand carving them out of unobtainium and still be getting some units out the door and into dealers hands at least...

With that minor ***** out of the way... I wish I could be in Cali on Friday (ominous date dont you think :) !!! ) If anyone who has seen a correctly color calibrated and filtered 5500 attends please dont be afraid to hurt my feelings.... My Rosco glass filter is finally in the mail so I can filter at the lamp instead of at the lens so many of my 5500 problems are sorted (the rest are Hitachi's problem) but I get the feeling we are talking different beasts rather than different breeds if you know what I mean....

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Peter, maybe I am mistaken.

Since the G11/15 take 1365x1024 through RGB, I assumed the the G150 would work the same way. What scaler are you using with the G150.

I cant imagine that it would work with the older models and not their HT version

If you want, give me a call at 818 985-9900 and we can discuss. Tom would be the guy to talk to, but maybe I can help

·
Registered
450 Posts
Daniel,

I'm using an HTPC with Powerstrip. It seems that a 1024 vertical input rate is assumed to be 1280 horizontal (standard PC resolution) and 1280 is all the G150 shows (85 pixels are cropped). Search is down now - more details are in my earlier thread. Tom Stites suggested there was a way around this but, as I said above, he has never gotten back with the solution.

I can't imagine why JVC seems to have made this so difficult.

Peter

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Daniel,

I am going to meet Audie between 12:00-12:30. I will be there for an hour or two. It would be great if you can stop in so we could meet in person.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tom,

As you can figure from my posts above, I second Tony's request to find out about accessing the panels' native resolution in the SX-21 and G150. Any information you can extract (a stronger word might be more appropriate given that no one at JVC seems to have a clue about this!) from them would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Peter

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Be sure to bring a black & white DVD.

None of us at our recent Toronto demo remembered to test how B&W looked on the SX21.

- Andy

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Someone take a HTPC (or even a laptop that can output to a monitor with the correct .INF files and PNP turned off) use powerstrip and this test pattern to show pixel perfect mappings.... It would help if whoever takes the machine trials it with a CRT monitor before going so that it is plug in and no question about PC failure....

I fully believe Scott of Maxx who says this is 100% possible... We just need to test it and get it correctly identified...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
What are you doing up so early?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Or is it late ;) ?????

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.