AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on an entry level soundbar and I don't know which of these I should get. The Vizio is very popular and there isn't a whole lot of user info about the JVC.

Does anyone know how these two compare? Is the JVC worth the extra $50? What's the diff between the TH-BA10 and the TH-BA1 (other than the sub)?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmmm. 100 views and no reply. I don't think the JVC is very popular! Anyway, I went ahead and bought the Vizio (Costco for $89 can't go wrong). Got it up and running but with one small but extremely annoying problem. The Vizio volume IR commands are shared by my Xtreamer media player. Vol up on the soundbar is vol down on the player and vol up is being read but I'm not sure what the command is.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I'm not sure how to fix it but I'm thinking I may be able to do a sequence command on the harmony remote - vol up would send a VSB200 vol up command followed by an Xtreamer vol up command to cancel.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Nope, the new JVC is not that popular yet, thats why you got no replies.

The JVC BA1 is very very popular, however the new JVC BA10 is looked upon as a down grade from the much loved BA1.

The BA1 is a 4.1 channel soundbar with a wireless sub and does real surround sound via discrete channels,,,,, the BA10 is a 2 channel soundbar that does surround via faux surround sound,,,, does the faux surround of the BA10 sound better than the real surround of the BA1,,, I have no idea as I have not heard the BA10 yet.

As far as your Vizio question you might have better luck getting an answer if you posted the question in the VSB200 thread.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Its a shame the BA10 isn't just the BA1 without the sub but as it is, I think I'm better off with the Vizio. As for the remote issue, I think I'm just going to have to live with it. If anything, its more of a logitech harmony problem...

·
Registered
697 Posts

i have the ba10 and am pretty happy with it for my bedroom tv. Hooked it up to new tv with optical cable into sound bar and its saying its pcm audio. not playing in dolby or dts for some reason now. also have wd tv live media player now hooked up to tv thru hdmi. will i get dolby and dts if i link an optical cable out to sound bar? trying to get best sound i can. any help with this would be appreciated. my tv is an lg lb6100 costco model. thanx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.