Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a JVC wireless headphone from Ubid. Something went wrong with the unit and I brought it to the JVC service center in Cypress, Ca. last Feb 6. They told me that they will replace it with a new one and send it to me as soon as it is available. Well it is now May and when I call to follow up they always promise to call back and never did. I was planning to upgrade my projector to JVC Dila but with this kind of service, I have to think twice.

Manny

·
Registered
644 Posts
I once had JVC service take two months to repair a car cd player but when I got it back it was in excellent shape and worked great.

I think you comparing apples to oranges though. Expecting a quick turnaround time on a cheap pair of headphones, that were probably refurbished to begin with, is a little bit different than RMAing an expensive business projector. In other words, I think JVC pro would have a much better return/repair proccess (not to mention customer service) considering the investment involved.

NickB

·
Registered
835 Posts
As far as I know, JVC Consumer and JVC Pro are two entirely different (and separate) business units. The quality of service is probably much better with JVC Pro and is likely completely separate from consumer support.

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, I can't help throw my 2 cents in here! Five years ago I spent $1,200 on a JVC S-VHS VCR, which streaked terribly on playback. Took it to the authorized service center, and they had it for 5 months before JVC supplied them with a service manual for the unit. And then the unit was never repaired.

Now, I just spent $1,500 on JVC's new miniDV/S-VHS VCR deck, which is absolutely wonderful (including component out and firewire in/out on the miniDV), except for one thing - the fan is evidently defective, and is very loud - 45db (C weighting). The authorized JVC servicer I contacted faxed JVC, ordering a new fan. THAT WAS FOUR WEEKS AGO. And nobody has heard from JVC

I don't care what division of JVC any of this is. I have years of no service from them. And all my other defective audio and video components over the last 40 years have otherwise been repaired or replaced, except for JVC.

JVC - I don't think so.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NickB,

The headphones are brand new and it is the top of the line. You are contradicting yourself, is it good to wait for two months for a cd player to be repaired? What kind of service is that. No matter what item cheap or expensive there is no excuse to wait months for repair. You can overhaul a car in two days. Try Sony, they phone you the repair estimate a day after you take the product in and if you approve, your item is ready in 3 days, a week at the most. I guess we have a different perception of what a quality service center should be.

I called them up yesterday, they requested and I faxed them a copy of the receipt. They promised to call back and never did.

Manny

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
All I can say is that the support and turn-around time from JVC Digital, where I had my projector calibrated, was excellent. JVC is a huge company, and obviously you can't expect consistency in service between different divisions - they have nothing to do with each other. So, if you just want to punish the stockholders for owning a company that services headphones badly, by not buying a projector from them, that's one thing. But, if you expect their projector service to be poor because their headphone service is, that's off base, IMHO.

- Dave

·
Registered
735 Posts
ahh yes, but the whole point behind kfung's and dcarl's messages were that you cannot compare your service or the svhs person's service unless you guys are dealing with jvc pro. It's like apples and oranges.

So far on this BB, I have only read good things about JVC Pro's service department. In fact, my first g11 had a power supply problem and mvs replaced it with no problems. This was in part due to the fact that JVC pro was quick to back mvs up with a replacement.

Sure maybe we should be warry of JVC consumer, but let's not bring DILAs into this.

BTW never count your eggs until they are hatched.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update. The customer service manager called me up a month and a half ago and told me they no longer produce this headphone. He told me that they will just refund my money and asked me to fax the invoice which I did immediately. Next thing I did was to buy a Seinnheser wireless headphone expecting the refund from JVC. The other day JVC called me up saying that they just sent me a replacement unit which I just received. Now I don't know what to do with two headphones having just spent for another one because JVC told me that they will refund my money. How's that for service. Of course guys will just say it is only a headphone, who cares. Imagine if this is a D-ila projector.

Manny

[This message has been edited by mannyqg (edited 06-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mannyqg (edited 06-08-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.