AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a network connected JVC X30 (DLA-RS45) and I am struggling to find a way to change the lens memory setting without showing anything on the screen. I do this by sending commands to the projector through ethernet.

My plan was to first send the HIDE command to make the screen go black, and then recall the lens memory setting, and then send UNHIDE (delayed 20 sec to allow the lens memory recall to finish). Unfortunately this does not work well. It works sometimes, but most of the time it seems to trigger some bug in the projector that makes it stop listening to further commands, so the UNHIDE does not run properly and the display stays black. Sometimes it hides and unhides fine, but the lens memory recall doesn't run.

If I skip the HIDING/UNHIDING it works in 100% of all cases, but unfortunately with the text "Lens memory recall" on the screen which doesn't look very nice.

Any ideas how to recall a lens memory without projecting anything on the screen?

Thanks!

/ Jacob

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Hi!

I have a network connected JVC X30 (DLA-RS45) and I am struggling to find a way to change the lens memory setting without showing anything on the screen. I do this by sending commands to the projector through ethernet.

My plan was to first send the HIDE command to make the screen go black, and then recall the lens memory setting, and then send UNHIDE (delayed 20 sec to allow the lens memory recall to finish). Unfortunately this does not work well. It works sometimes, but most of the time it seems to trigger some bug in the projector that makes it stop listening to further commands, so the UNHIDE does not run properly and the display stays black. Sometimes it hides and unhides fine, but the lens memory recall doesn't run.

If I skip the HIDING/UNHIDING it works in 100% of all cases, but unfortunately with the text "Lens memory recall" on the screen which doesn't look very nice.

Any ideas how to recall a lens memory without projecting anything on the screen?

Thanks!

/ Jacob
You need to disable the patterns in the JVC menu and to use the IP commands that don't show off the green grid.

You might also need to upgrade your f/w, I don't remember on which models but if a confirmation shows then this was addressed with a f/w update.

Otherwise try the codes attached.

If they don't work, I'll check my iRule config, I'm definitely using codes which don't display anything on the screen when I change A/R.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to disable the patterns in the JVC menu and to use the IP commands that don't show off the green grid.

You might also need to upgrade your f/w, I don't remember on which models but if a confirmation shows then this was addressed with a f/w update.

Otherwise try the codes attached.

If they don't work, I'll check my iRule config, I'm definitely using codes which don't display anything on the screen when I change A/R.
Thanks for the reply Manni!

Yes, I have disabled the green grid in the lens settings. But unfortunately it does not remove the text message in the middle of the screen that appears when I recall a lens memory setting.

I double checked which code I am sending and it seems to be the same as in the screenshot you attached.

Code:
TCP_MESSAGE = '\x21\x89\x01\x52\x43\x37\x33\x44\x38\x0A'
It would be great if you had time to check your iRule config and see how you manage to recall the lens memory with a completely black screen. I am all lost here.

I also double checked the firmware and I seem to be at the latest (although it is over 2 years old!).

/ Jacob

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
I don't have an X30 anymore, I have an X500 now, so maybe it's different.

I checked in iRule and these are the codes I use.

The screen isn't black though, it shows the currently displayed picture.

I'll check next time the PJ is on whether it displays a message, maybe it does. But it doesn't show the green grid or ask for a confirmation.

Why do you want a black screen?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have an X30 anymore, I have an X500 now, so maybe it's different.

I checked in iRule and these are the codes I use.

The screen isn't black though, it shows the currently displayed picture.

I'll check next time the PJ is on whether it displays a message, maybe it does. But it doesn't show the green grid or ask for a confirmation.

Why do you want a black screen?
Hi!

A black screen during the lens memory transition gives more true "cinema feeling".

Maybe on the X500 they removed the message.

Thanks for the help!

/ Jacob

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
I just cheked on my X500 and although it doesn't display a black screen, it doesn't display a message either when I switch to 2.35, 2.40, 2.20 or 1.85 using Lens Mem 1, 2, 4, 5.
For some reason, it only displays "selecting lens memory" when going back to 1.78 (lens mem 3).

I have no idea why, but that explains why I had the impression that no message was displayed, as I pay more attention when the movie starts than when it finishes.

I find it quite cool to see the lens shift, so I don't mind that there is no black screen.

If you want want to use hide/unhide in a macro, you have to make sure that you time it properly, as the projector doesn't accept any command while it performs a lens shift.

So my advice would be to time the longest lens mem change, and add a delay after sending the command before sending the unhide command.
You might need to send a PJREQ command before the unhide command as it needs it every 5 seconds or so or the LAN comm is broken.

So it would go:
HIDE
LENS MEM
20 sec delay
PJREQ
UNHIDE

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts