AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a regular TV (Toshiba CX-32G60), I like the features this player seems to offer. I want an mp3 player at the same time. It's about $150 shipped.

The only other players I have seen come close to this one in the 'low cost' ;) bracket are the RP91 and Denon 1600 and both are about double the cost of this unit.

This will be my first non-PC DVD...in the small studio I had previously I had my A/V gear in storage.

The rest of my setup is Klipsch Quartets (sold my Academy while in college :( now on the look out for a center/surrounds), Yamaha RX-V1050, Yamaha CCD-665 CD Changer, Toshiba M751 VCR, Dish Network 301.

Thanks

Chris

· Banned
3,539 Posts
What about the cheaper JVC XV-XV40BK OR 50BK, they have the same MP3 or MP3./WMA capability. Since you don't nave an HDTV - more expensive progressive scan models won't help you video-wise. No reason to spend more unless you need the expensive DVD-Audio capability.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at these units (XV-N40BK and XV-N50BK) the difference in price was pretty good on the 40BK (about $40) and only $20 on the 50...but on both I loose the main feature I'd like, a carousel.

I can pick up the XV-FA90BK for about $120, apparently the XV-FA900BK is replacing it and the vendors want to unload them.

Thanks for the alternatives though....if this unit wasn't at about 50% of retail right now they be the right choices for the price.

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heh...yeah sorry about that...I thought everyone would be able to read my mind here. :)

I think I will be ordering that this weekend I have my dish network stuff now sitting waiting for the installer, it will be easy to just wire up my whole system at once then to wire it partially and then pull out everything once I get a DVD later on.

Thanks for all the help.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.