AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to post my first thoughts of this player. The 650 is black and the 652 is silver. I recently stumbled upon this dvd player because it had all of the features I needed not knowing it had a lot more.

Some of the specs are:

1. up to 1080i HDMI

2. Can be made region free

3. Supports 480i HDMI for scaler input.

What is strange is that it appears to be kind of a hybrid of the LG Dvb-418 player. Some of the remote hacks for the LG player work on the JVC as well. The design of the player is very similar too including the resolution button on the player.

I do not know what chip it uses, but I can see no macroblocking which tells me it does not use a Faroudja chip. The sound on it is fine as I've used the optical out on it.

The new JVC XV-N670B looks to be the same player with the upgrade of supporting 1080p output. I will be purchasing this player soon to find out if it is or not.

I have the file to make the JVC's region free so if someone would like to host it I'd be more than willing to share it.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimateherts /forum/post/14162592

I would like to post my first thoughts of this player. The 650 is black and the 652 is silver. I recently stumbled upon this dvd player because it had all of the features I needed not knowing it had a lot more.

I will be interested to see how you go with this player as a quick search for reviews on the internet shows a very high number of purchasers proclaiming it a 'lemon'. The most common complaint seems to be 'skipping' while playing all types of disks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had it for a about 2 weeks now and I have had no issues at all!

Skipping can be caused by a bad disc, also the bad part about the internet is you don't who the other person is that is reviewing or posting for that matter.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimateherts /forum/post/14167715

I have had it for a about 2 weeks now and I have had no issues at all!

Skipping can be caused by a bad disc, also the bad part about the internet is you don't who the other person is that is reviewing or posting for that matter.

Thats true.... but it also applies here as well! ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts