AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird occurrences with the following setup.

Cablevision Sony firewire HD STB with JVC30k decks:

While watching HD premium channels(hbohd,shohd,maxhd...) through the JVC component out, and digital out audio, firewire in from Sony there is never a audio drop-out.

When I view recorded DVHS tape of premium channels I will get occasional to frequent drop-out on both of my JVC30k decks, however when I rewind to the point of audio breakup and hit play the audio breakup disappears.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Lon

·
Registered
350 Posts
Clean the heads on your JVC 30k, sounds like a problem with the deck more then anything else. The 30k's are notorious for having problems. There are many of threads talking about problems with the 30k and "fix" from JVC.

I have the same setup and it works fine, so it's safe to assume its the d-vhs deck. ....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Weird stuff, not sure. Are you using D-VHS tapes or S-VHS? That could make a difference, I guess... Sorry I couldn't be any more help. Didn't realize you had two decks that this problem was ocurring on...

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CKNA:

I thought it was something like that, works fine with DTheater tapes and AVX1 recordings but it seems there is something in the Sony Cablevision firewire broacast that trips up the JVC30K decoder every so often and I guess when there is a drop-out it is the JVC30k buffering, also FWIW when I used to record cablevision 8vsb signal of HBOHD the JVC30k could not decode at all I needed to use the 169time modified DTC100's decoder to get audio.

I guess it is time to buy a 40K

Lon

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ckna:

A thought just came to me, when I am viewing live HD premium channels via firewire from Sony cablevision box thru JVC30K components out I am also listening thru JVC30K digital out and I do not get any audio drop-out, it is only when I view the recorded tapes that I get a drop-out, would this still be the 30K mpeg decoder?

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am assuming that the Sony IO HD STB DHG-M55CV I am using also has a MPEG decoder, if so does anyone know the process to play the DVHS recordings back thru the DHG-55 from firewire from JVC30K, I would rather not have to add another JVC deck for the decoding ability of the 40000.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
It seems that when watching thru 30K signal uses different path than when playing from tape. I am not sure but I do not think that there is a way to play thru the box. Firewire on those is output only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.