AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an unnamed source at JVC, in reply to my questions about what to use as a 1394 source for the 30000 DVHS deck:

Q. What about the Panasonic TU-DST 50/51 DTV tuners?

A. We cannot guarantee our units will record from the older Panasonic set top boxes. In some cases, units we have tested recorded well. However, compatibility issues are possible and therefore we would not recommend this connection.

Q. There are not too many other 1394 DTV sources for the 30000 that I'm aware of, is there anything else you can tell us about new sources?

A. While you are correct that devices utilizing Fire wire (IEEE1394) output are -at best- limited in the current market, I would suggest this will rapidly change over the next six to eight months. With the demand for HDTV and HDTV Time Shifting Devices (such as D-VHS), it is very conceivable that there will be many offerings by this time next year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So JVC's logic is people will buy a very overpriced VHS deck and hope that next year they will be able to record digitally. Great plan. I guess this explains why it took them years to fix the famous white comet speckles that used to plague their SVHS decks.

Bob H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.