AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The June issue of "Camcorder and Computer Video" magazine has a photo on pages 30-31 of the new JVC model SR-VD400US D-VHS VCR. In the center/bottom for the front panel is it says "PRO HD D-Theater and along the bottom of the front panel it has the logos for Dolby Digital, DVHS, SVHS, VCR Plus Guide and PCM. Given the model number I assume this is a new model for the US market. This may either be the replacement for the 30K or a higher end model.

Ron Jones

· Registered
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had seen some speculation of a 35K or a 40K model coming to the U.S. market, but I had seen this specific model number (apparently a US model) mentioned before.

Ron Jones

· Registered
513 Posts
ISn't the VD400US just the professional version of the consumer 30000? This pro version doesn't have any new features that we non-broadcast types can use over the 30000. This is not the upcoming 40000 model which is maybe due in 3Q.

· Premium Member
13,009 Posts
The 400 pro version was demoed at NAB. It has capability with the mpeg HDTV encoder to create DVHS copies of broadcast HDTV tapes such as D5. It will record encrypted programming that the 30K and 40K will not. Yes, it is strictly for commercial applications. There is nothing on this machine, I believe, that would interest a consumer. It is the machine for businesses like Mark Cuban who wants to transfer his HDCAM and D5 masters to DVHS for resale. Cost of this system vs. what was available to do this transfer process is about 1/4 the price.

· Registered
439 Posts
The SR-VD400 is the pro version of the 40K. It has Guide plus, D-Theater and all that consumer jazz, but will also play the HD Pro/Pro Scramble tapes. The VDA-300 is the plain jane encoder comercial encorder unit. ASI input, no fancy stuff. Still, there's really no reason to buy either as I'm sure you pay a premium for them.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kagato
The SR-VD400 is the pro version of the 40K.
I keep seeing this quote... How can it be the pro version of a model that isnt even available for sale yet? We dont even know if the 40K EXISTS in a solid form at this point. While the rest appears correct (DT PRO,Guideplus,etc) I think I concur more with Don Landis' post,this is probably just a gussied up commercial version of the 30/35K.

· Registered
439 Posts
It was a typo. I ment to say 30K. I was simply pointing out that the 400 has all the comsumer junk. And the 300 is the true comercial encoder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.