AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an early Christmas gift of a JVC HM-DH30000U :.) My Question is what is the proper way to hook it up to view d-theater and my old tapes.Do I hook up just fire-wire ,or fire-wire and component ?Do I need to hook up s-video and what about the sound just fire-wire or digital ?

any help will be great

PS Receiver Denon 3802

TV Mits. 55511

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Donny,

Got mine as an early X-mas gift also! Just hooked it up this morning, did my initial record today (Florida-Maryland hoops game in HD) and (knock wood) all is going swimmingly. I'm watching Fla-Md. right now and it looks fantastic. This is sure to change my viewing habits - again.

As for the hookup, I don't believe you need to hook up firewire unless you're going to record. I have the Samsung 165 from which to record. In fact, I'm watching the game right now through the component inputs with the Samsung box off. Some of the fellas around here told me that viewing in through the firewire connection can cause problems, mostly with DD 5.1 reproduction. I'll try it eventually, but didn't want to today.

Fight Club gets its initial viewing later tonight. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Donny,

Be advised that watching older VHS tapes may cause problems in the JVC. Some people recommend getting a cheap deck for watching those. Saving $100 by not buying a cheap VHS deck is not worth the risk of causing problems in a $1,000 deck.

(Yes, I realize the JVC deck SHOULD work with all formats without any hitches, but it doesn't appear that is the case at this time.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.