AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup gents and gent-etts.

It's been a while but up to this point, I really haven't had the time to dig deeper into the PC than just ripping, encoding, and playing movies, which the PC does fine. Now, a couple of days ago, I loaded up some songs since I want this PC to be a music storage/player as well and found that, while XBMC plays movies with awesome 5.1ch sound through the SPDIF optical output on my sound card, music is not so awesome. Matter of fact, it's silent. Now, I don't want multi-channel sound from my music. I just want two-channel stereo audio and that's it. I also don't want to switch back and forth between two inputs on my receiver (one analog and one digital).

I checked my sound settings in (K)Ubuntu and all sounds are set to play through the IEC958. The system sounds play fine through the SPDIF. Also, the same music plays from Amarok through the SPDIF.

I'm guessing the problem here is XBMC but I'm not sure where to start.

Any help is mucho appreciated!

And, also, I hope everyone (myth...err...I mean Tomkooze, quantum, tux, and the rest of you) is doing well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.