AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K10-A brothers/sisters,

I've been trying to get Klein support to change (what I consider) a feature bug in ChromaSurf for a while now, I just recently exchanged emails with them again and they may "consider it" but it seems they need more "convincing" in order to go ahead... ;-)

here's the situation:

I'm using CS mainly for storing calibration profiles in the K10-A unit - do this for every cal session. In CS > calibration profile window I'm selecting “Reference device > Manual entry”, and then “Manual pattern generator”. Problem is that when trying to enter the reference spectro values, CS then still…

(a) shows a pop-up and asks to select a color in the pattern generator – this is obviously pointless we're not reading the ref spectro, this is MANUAL entry
(b) displays the progress bar for reading the color patch, which is useless and wastes more time

The programmer at Klein clearly simply re-used the same procedure for when reading the actual Klein device (where those steps are needed), but this is a pure annoyance for me on the reference spectro data fields - they should just be enabled for data input.

I do a lot of cals - meter profiles are always the most annoying, redundant step that should be fully automated or as little time consuming as possible.

If you feel the same way, shoot Klein support an email to finally fix this !!!

Unite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mike, if you arrange for me a dinner with Audrey, I could consider your request. ;)

Reactions: Iron Mike

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wrote them also :)

Reactions: Iron Mike

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
is Audrey and, unfortunately, she doesn't know me... yet! :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^

this made me laugh so hard !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

well Miki, how about u put a video presentation of urself together - and all of us here can chime in - don't forget ur "sock tools" (!!!), I'm sure she will love that - and then we'll forward it to her.

Problem is obviously u can't fly into the States currently (so ur honeymoon has to wait), but hey maybe if they can fix the CS bug I'm complaining about, they can fix Corona too ?!?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ummm Miki I thought you were married??? Oh wait I just remembered you are Italian! :D

Reactions: Anger.miki

·
Registered
611 Posts
Same here

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
Iron Mike is absolutely right, but the real problem is that ChromaSurf does not directly support the commonly used Spectros from Jeti and Colorimetry Research.

Therefore a project was started in 2016/2017 to integrate the spectros of Jeti. :)

Unfortunately, Tom Nelson (Office Manager and Sr. Software Eng.) left Klein Instruments at the beginning of November 2017 and Chromasurf was obviously no longer developed. :mad:
Peter

·
Registered
223 Posts
While everybody is waiting for Godot, the AVS-user KarlKlammer programmed a small tool "K10-A Cal" and I was allowed to give him some advice.
We have separated the creation of the measurement and the saving of the matrix (Cal-File) into the K10-A, so that we don't have to invent the wheel of measurement technology a second time.
We use the "Measure All" function, which provides LightSpace and also ColourSpace for probe matching.
This has the advantage firstly that it is a ready-made and proven process, where the average of three measurements is determined immediately, and secondly that we can use all sensors and pattern generators etc. that support LightSpace and ColourSpace.

Those who can write quickly are welcome to enter the values manually. :D

The procedure is very simple:
0. Learn a little German ;)
1. setup spectro and K10-A (Factory Cal File !!) in LightSpace or ColourSpace
2. "Measure All" with K10-A and save the bpd file + disconnect K10-A
3. measure all with spectro and save the bpd file + disconnect spectro
4. call the Tool "K10-A Cal" and "verbinden" (activate the connection) with K10-A - all memory locations are displayed
5. "öffnen" (open) the bpd file of the spectro as reference (left side)
6. "öffnen" (open) the bpd file of the K10-A as target (right side)
7. memory location selection (e.g. number 30) - Only locations above 14 can be written to protect Klein's cal files.
8. the name of the cal file can be edited.
9. click on "Matrix erstellen" (Create Matrix) to calculate the matrix and save it in the K10-A on the selected memory location. At the same time a backup file is created, which can be used to restore the matrix later on and you can send the backup to other K10-A users.
10. repetition of the "Measure ALL" measurement with the K10-A with activated matrix (Cal-File)
11. "öffnen" opening the bpd file (with matrix) on the right side and clicking on "NIST Abgleich" (NIST Adjustment) shows whether the deviations below the NIST limits are +-0.001 for x, y and +-1.5% for Y.

Of course there is also a function to delete a memory location.
If you are interested in the tool, please contact KarlKlammer. :)
Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I haven't checked this, but could the 'LightSpace Secondary Execution Protocol' not be used to further automate the process?
If not, let us know and we'll look into adding the required changes.

Steve

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Stupid questions: have you used the classic FCCM formula? Have you double checked that it's correctly calculated? Thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Stupid questions: have you used the classic FCCM formula? Have you double checked that it's correctly calculated? Thanks.
My tool does not calculate the matrix. I simply use the SDK provided by Klein and their integrated calculations.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ok, so it's not the classic FCCM formula. Thanks ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts