AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
My tool does not calculate the matrix. I simply use the SDK provided by Klein and their integrated calculations.
Anyhow Klein SDK allows also for matrix uploading. It might be interesting you allow also this feature.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It is possible to read, display and save a matrix directly from the K-10A, but unfortunately the direct loading of a finished matrix was not possible, although a function for this can be found in the SDK. But for some reason it does not work. Therefore the tool always uses the save function which contains the matrix calculation.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyhow Klein SDK allows also for matrix uploading. It might be interesting you allow also this feature.
You mean a direct upload of a correction matrix? Yes, the SDK allows that in theory. I would have included this as a feature. But for some reason, I am unable to access wMatrix and set the properties. :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Isn't there a password or is my memory wrong?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have not seen an occasion where the SDK asks for the password.

But if someone misses it, I could always build a special password protected version of the tool. ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Anyway, the coolest thing would be to store a classic FCCM into the K10-A. I dislike a "wrong" white more than a wrong red or green. Maybe Kyle form Klein would give you some hint...

·
Registered
472 Posts
While everybody is waiting for Godot, the AVS-user KarlKlammer programmed a small tool "K10-A Cal" and I was allowed to give him some advice.
We have separated the creation of the measurement and the saving of the matrix (Cal-File) into the K10-A, so that we don't have to invent the wheel of measurement technology a second time.
We use the "Measure All" function, which provides LightSpace and also ColourSpace for probe matching.
This has the advantage firstly that it is a ready-made and proven process, where the average of three measurements is determined immediately, and secondly that we can use all sensors and pattern generators etc. that support LightSpace and ColourSpace.

Those who can write quickly are welcome to enter the values manually. :D

The procedure is very simple:
0. Learn a little German ;)
1. setup spectro and K10-A (Factory Cal File !!) in LightSpace or ColourSpace
2. "Measure All" with K10-A and save the bpd file + disconnect K10-A
3. measure all with spectro and save the bpd file + disconnect spectro
4. call the Tool "K10-A Cal" and "verbinden" (activate the connection) with K10-A - all memory locations are displayed
5. "öffnen" (open) the bpd file of the spectro as reference (left side)
6. "öffnen" (open) the bpd file of the K10-A as target (right side)
7. memory location selection (e.g. number 30) - Only locations above 14 can be written to protect Klein's cal files.
8. the name of the cal file can be edited.
9. click on "Matrix erstellen" (Create Matrix) to calculate the matrix and save it in the K10-A on the selected memory location. At the same time a backup file is created, which can be used to restore the matrix later on and you can send the backup to other K10-A users.
10. repetition of the "Measure ALL" measurement with the K10-A with activated matrix (Cal-File)
11. "öffnen" opening the bpd file (with matrix) on the right side and clicking on "NIST Abgleich" (NIST Adjustment) shows whether the deviations below the NIST limits are +-0.001 for x, y and +-1.5% for Y.

Of course there is also a function to delete a memory location.
If you are interested in the tool, please contact KarlKlammer. :)
Peter

Very kind @KarlKlammer to translate it in English. In have put in quotes for easier reference.
Some comments:

1. NIST check verifies reference vs. target. I prefer to upload a different bpd name (i.e. not to corrupt my original one). Off course the target bpd pre-condition must be alligned with the target ones (e.g, same Gamut, same patch scales).
  2. Nist check can be used also for quickly verifying if a matrix works also in differente panel condition (i.e. different brighness, gamut, etc). Obviously you have to a create a new refence bpd.
  3. Take care after NIST check not to "create matrix". You are creating a quite null matrix of any use.
  4. I could not successfully run Recover matrix. It says "No Valid Cal File selected" ...Maybe something wrong. Anyhow it is pointless to save a Matrix if you cannot upload it. I hope @KarlKlammer will find a way.
  5. It would be nice to have a way of changing the name of a calibration file without having to recreate the matrix

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
I could not successfully run Recover matrix. It says "No Valid Cal File selected" ...Maybe something wrong. Anyhow it is pointless to save a Matrix if you cannot upload it.
If you want to recover a matrix, you have to find a file like yyyymmdd_hhmm_CalFileName.setx in the program folder. This is the backup of the original measurement sets.

It would be nice to have a way of changing the name of a calibration file without having to recreate the matrix
That was my plan, before I saw that it is a read-only property in the SDK. If you have a .setx file you could rename the CalFileName part of the backup file to give the Cal File a new name.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks. Really useful to copy (and rename) a matrix to a different Klein location

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anyway, the coolest thing would be to store a classic FCCM into the K10-A.
What is wrong with the calculation of Klein Instruments?
What would be the advantage of a different calculation method of the Color-Matrix?
The Black-Matrix and the RGB-Matrix of the K10-A remain the same.

If it's just a matter of making any XYZ correction, it's quite easy to do it with the stored measurement results.
One sets the color matrix of the K10-A to zero (factory) and corrects the XYZ values in the LightSpace result file with the desired matrix. This can be done with Excel macros, for example.
This is a big advantage of the open and well structured XML format of LightSpace/ColourSpace.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Klein doesn't use the "classic" formula. They preferred another RGBW luminance balance which won't give you perfect white luminance. So red luminance might be back into tolerance but white will not be as accurate as with the classic formula.

I already created some Excel spreadsheets by the way, one of them applies TMC to profile created in LightSpace. If you are interested, write me a PM.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Klein doesn't use the "classic" formula. They preferred another RGBW luminance balance which won't give you perfect white luminance. So red luminance might be back into tolerance but white will not be as accurate as with the classic formula.

I already created some Excel spreadsheets by the way, one of them applies TMC to profile created in LightSpace. If you are interested, write me a PM.

The second NIST Yoshi white paper was an enhancement on the classic formula. I believe that is what Klein is doing.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not exactly Tyler, as far as I remember, the second paper introduced luminance to the first formula with a balanced "mix" between the four colors luminance being considered, where white is the most important. Klein just decreased the "importance" of white in favor of other colors luminance. Which is also suggested/not forbidden from the paper itself. So for example, if with the original luminance balance of your FCCM (made on a WOLED) verification looked like this:
R G B W
Y 1.6% -0.1% 0.4% 0.0%

x 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00

y 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00

With Klein custom Y balance, it might look like this:
R G B W
Y 1.2% -0.5% -0.1% 0.4%

x 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00

y 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00

Which it might look like a good thing but it's not. You solve a problem to introduce another two. But I'm not blaming Klein in any way, when they did that WRGB panels didn't exist and, in effect, no one even noticed the difference, @ebr9999 did (give to Caesar what's of Caesar).

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't checked this, but could the 'LightSpace Secondary Execution Protocol' not be used to further automate the process?
If not, let us know and we'll look into adding the required changes.
Steve
Hi, Steve,
thank you for your offer, but you have more important things to do at the moment and we want to keep the K10-A-Tool as simple as possible.
Peter

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maybe I can give you hope there. The thing with the storing of a finished matrix did not let me rest and in the meantime I succeeded in creating a program on pure C++ basis, which saves any 3 x 3 Colormatrix into the Klein K10-A. Let's see what we can do with it. :D
Peter

·
Registered
976 Posts
Finally! Well done! The only thing we can do with that is using it with RGB panel. With WOLED it might be better to use it with contrast at 100 or measuring with preset 0 (Klein LCD) or blank and wait for a surprise that Riccardo @frumenzio and me are trying to do to you guys... no promises.

Reactions: T( )( )L

·
Registered
386 Posts
@OMARDRIS has proven that it is indeed possible to upload a 3x3 matrix using native C++. For me to do the same with the wrapper, I had to apply a workaround to the SDK.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts