AVS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Many thanks @KarlKlammer :)
@All,
If you save your own matrix with the tool into the Klein K10-A, I would like to point out the following:
The K10-A receives a string with a length of exactly 128 bytes for storing a matrix. This string contains the 9 decimal numbers, the name and some other parameters.
If the numerical values in the matrix have many decimal places, it becomes clear that the maximum length of 128 bytes cannot be sufficient. Therefore all numerical values are compressed into a special format before. An internal conversion function is responsible for this, which partly uses logarithms for compression.
This has the consequence that after uploading values with very few decimal places, the transmitted numbers do not match 100% with the sent ones. For example, the number 1.01 then becomes 1.0099998888. :confused:
If the number has very many decimal places, this effect no longer occurs.
We cannot and do not want to change this behaviour and it is not necessary.

I point this out because everyone first tries to manually enter some shorter numbers and then save them. :D
Peter

Reactions: KarlKlammer

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
An internal conversion function is responsible for this, which partly uses logarithms for compression.
This has the consequence that after uploading values with very few decimal places, the transmitted numbers do not match 100% with the sent ones. For example, the number 1.01 then becomes 1.0099998888. :confused:

this is the well known representation error in binary floating point numbers

·
Registered
448 Posts
For those who wished for an alternative matrix calculation method: here it is. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
meanwhile another small tool for profiling the K10A is in beta testing. It is somewhat puristic according to the principle "form follows function".
In addition some print screens:

First the selection of the devices. The connection will be established automatically.

Second, an overview of the current functions:

To start profiling, first select a measurement method. With parallel, the two sensors measure simultaneously, with serial, one after the other (each after a prompt).

Then the method of matrix calculation is selected.

After the measurement the result is displayed for checking and you can continue profiling, repeat the measurement or cancel it.

If the profiling is continued, the next step is to store the calculated matrix in the K10A.

Afterwards a WRGB control measurement with active matrix is performed and displayed for checking. This measurement is also performed with both sensors.

If one is satisfied with the result, the profiling is finished.
As an alternative to your own matrix calculation, the first WRGB measurement (without active matrix) can be saved as bpd files - on request also in the ColourSpace MCGD directory. Then other correction methods can be used as well.

Peter

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
unfortunately I can't add or edit my posting anymore.
Therefore here is a download link to a demo version of the profiler tool:

Profiler_Demo

The demo version exchanges the measured data with dummy data and is only used to test whether the program runs in its own setup.
Peter

Reactions: carpantata

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Hi,
meanwhile, another small tool for profiling the K10A is in beta testing.

View attachment 3030758

As an alternative to your own matrix calculation, the first WRGB measurement (without active matrix) can be saved as bpd files - on request also in the ColourSpace MCGD directory. Then other correction methods can be used as well.

Peter
I have to say that I'm impressed with Peter's tool.

After saved my first profile with that tool, my highlight:

1) Automatic connection with K-10A, JETI 1211, Murideo Six-G.

2) Enable/Disable both meters laser aiming with a single button press.

3) Choose how many times to measure each patch (1/3/5).

4) When you want to save to Klein's internal slot, the tool will automatically input the monitor name, as the Murideo will read the monitor EDID.

It will not require to enter any name manually for that slot.

5) Option to take measurements from both meters simultaneously when you have a monitor without uniformity issues.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
I would like to thank Ted for his nice report. :)
In the meantime some users were so kind and tested my little tool in different setups. (y)
So I can confirm that the Probe Profiler works well with the Jeti 1501, 1511 and 1211 as well as with the K10 and K10A from Klein Instruments. Also the pattern generators work well.
The tool is free of charge, but no freeware.
If someone wants to use it, he can contact me via PM.
Peter

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi,
meanwhile another small tool for profiling the K10A is in beta testing. It is somewhat puristic according to the principle "form follows function".
In addition some print screens:

Peter
I have to say that this is simply fantastic. I can't believe how thoroughly you have everything thought out and how intuitive it all runs. And how it runs just perfectly. It's great to be able to autocal the JVC's so well, but than with the offsets stored right in the Klein, I don't even need to make offsets in LightSpace against the Jeti anymore... they are already in the Klein.

The integration with the SIX-G or Lumagen > Jeti > Klein is seamless.

I love it!
craigr

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
Since Corona continues to have us firmly in its grip and I can hardly leave the house, I have expanded my profiler a bit and added more sensors. Here is a first look at the alpha version 2, again in a very puristic look:

To select the sensors, two steps are now necessary:

The selection of spectrometers has been extended.

Likewise the selection of the colorimeters.
All models of the EODIS3 are supported.

Ok, I still have to work on the optics of the report: :D

I have not yet dared to approach the sensors from Colorimetry Research, because a test of the interface without the hardware is too difficult for me.

Stay healthy all
Peter

Reactions: riddle

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi
A note for users who use a sensor from Klein Instruments together with a Radiance Pro from Lumagen.
As a result of the expansion of the Radiance Pro from 8 to 10 virtual inputs (firmware >=011521), the RS232 command set has also been adapted. This leads to the fact that when using the ChromaSurf program, the Radiance is switched to input 10 when establishing a connection from ChromaSurf to the sensor, if the Radiance is connected via USB but not yet connected to a program. The reason is the automatic sensor search of Chromasurf, which sends an unfortunate byte to the Radiance.
Peter

41 - 50 of 50 Posts