AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed while flipping channels, that 53.1 had stated digital signal search for 2 days now. I live in California.

So I went ahead and did an add search on the programming.

And came out as 7.1. I recently saw a message in one of the forums that ABC has moved 7.1. But why isn't there any sound on this channel? I get all channels and this is the only one without sound. Does anyone know if there's a problem with KABC-DT at the moment? Hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's back . The sound is back and wether 7.1 or 53.1. It's both working now. I guess the broadcasting company fixed it.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
31 Posts
I called KABC engineering and told them about the no audio issue, with in 1/2 hour they fixed the problem but they went back to 53.1, the engineer said that they are replacing alot of hdtv equipment due to the fact that the one they were using was a prototype more like betta testers so this time they have true hdtv equipment but they have to work on the bugs, I give him my # so they can call me if any thet need help from the consumer poit of view, so will see what happens.

Ruben

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Could you ask him to quit streching the picture to the so called 14x9? The viewers that prefer the streched picture are perfectly able to do it on their own television. My self, I really do not like the picture distorted. I usually watch the channel 7 analog with its lousy picture but I get a non distorted picture.

Rick

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick_R:
Could you ask him to quit streching the picture to the so called 14x9? The viewers that prefer the streched picture are perfectly able to do it on their own television. My self, I really do not like the picture distorted. I usually watch the channel 7 analog with its lousy picture but I get a non distorted picture.

Rick
I talked with KABC a while ago about this. They seem quite adamant about keeping this bizarre ratio along with KTLA. And those are the two channels I don't watch because of their zoomed picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.