AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Update Dec 2012

My video is the same, but have mad some changes to the Audio side, moving away from separate McIntosh monos & a 3 channel to one 5 channel Classe.  Also upgraded the Oppo to the 105, and Acoustic Zen Satori Speaker wires & a new equipment stand...net result is simpler, subs are closer to the middle, less boominess, and the centre went further back t owards the screen.

I started this system about 4 years ago, got rid of a pool table we never used, repainted and carpeted. I bought stuff off of Audiogon as well as locally...and it has evolved somewhat over that time. Current set up is (revised 1/2012):

Video:

JVC RS2 Projector

119" Dalite Motorized drop screen

60" Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD

Oppo 93 Bluray, DVDO Edge, Gateway HD Cable box

Audio:

Classe SSP 800 Processor, Mach Mini Music Server via HDMI

McIntosh MC501 Monos for front 2 channels

McIntosh MC303 3 Ch.for center & surrounds

B&W 800D Fronts, HTM1D Center & 803D surrounds

JL Fathom F113 subs x 2 with Sound Anchor stands

Wireworld Cabling, Silver Eclipse IC, PC & SC, Platinum HDMI

Power:

2 Dedicated electrical lines, 2 PS Audio Soloists SEs, 2 PS Powerplant Premiers

Room:

4 Berkline leather power recliners

ATS Acoustics panels

Pics:

Cheers!

Kahuna

Reactions: darthray

· Registered
License to Chill
22,568 Posts
Let me be the first to say that's one awesome HT, KC.

I'm lovin' the Macs. Very nice setup.

· Registered
639 Posts
I feel like less of a man after this thread. Why couldn't my parents be rich... Yes I'm 35 but still. I could have speakers costing $16,000 a piece. I need therapy.

You own it, Then Show it.. Pics, it's the only way!

· Registered
689 Posts
Can I request a pic with the screen down. Just want an idea of what it would be like sitting there in all that awesomeness.

Kinda feel like I am asking for a topless shot of some chick or something, but I can't help it.

· Registered
168 Posts
Wow, incredible.

· Registered
5,223 Posts
My Paradigm/Denon/Anthem set-up just peed their pants and are curled up in the corner. Your system is top notch!!

· Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarate /forum/post/18128204

Can I request a pic with the screen down. Just want an idea of what it would be like sitting there in all that awesomeness.

Kinda feel like I am asking for a topless shot of some chick or something, but I can't help it.

Now that's funny

Very nice theater Kahuna.

Question: It looks like your acoustic panels are wrapped in suede, is that right or is it just the way the pic shows it?

· Registered
4,392 Posts
Very Impressive Gear! It must sound AMAZING. I would too would like to see a pic with the screen down.

· Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/18129357

WOW! That's some big speakers. How does that center channel sound when it's on the floor? great looking speakers.

Yeah, that is a weakness of sorts for an otherwise incredible set up. I'd get that center off of the ground.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
Love the look of the B&Ws.

· Registered
689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv /forum/post/18129419

Yeah, that is a weakness of sorts for an otherwise incredible set up. I'd get that center off of the ground.

I'm sure with the screen down he has no where else to put it.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments!

To answer a few questions, there really isn't a lot of room to lift the center due tot he screen, and at 200 lbs, it would need a heavy duty stand! The new pics should show that it is angled upward at the listening area, and I am still going to be doing some tweaking.

Yes the acoustic panels are a dark brown faux suede. They really don't distract from the room (the color blends better than it looks in pics) and I am happy with the effect on bass and high frequency. I would like to add something to the ceiling, but I have to take baby steps, my wife was dead against the current panels...she is coming around now.

Side shot shows the HTM1D is angled upwards:

I really love the McIntosh in combination with the 800s...and the Classe is fantastic at delivering the detail without sounding harsh or cold.

· Registered
2,930 Posts
Holy! crap ola!, belongs in a magazine.Awesome,congrats

· Registered
124 Posts
Very, very nice.

You mention you have two PB Ultras - I see one PB in the pic- but is that a PC behind the other 800D? If so, any differences you notice between the two? I'd be curious to hear from someone who has both in their room at the same time.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.