AVS Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 6363 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I own all of the Star Trek UHD discs, but the K stores shows that I own only the HD version. Any idea what's going on here?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Me too - may be that Paramount only released the digital redemption codes as HD. I've been in contact with them to ask that they upgrade. Will report back when I hear anything from them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I might have to get a second 40TB Terra server. I'm starting to get low on space. I have room for only 33 more 4K titles and I already have 8 pre-ordered! (In short, if K goes out of business, you can't blame me!)

Reactions: Montucky and gwsat

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I might have to get a second 40GB Terra server. I'm starting to get low on space. I have room for only 33 more 4K titles and I already have 8 pre-ordered! (In short, if K goes out of business, you can't blame me!)
Yeah these 40GB servers don't hold many movies these days, particularly in UHD :)

·
Registered
21,187 Posts
I might have to get a second 40GB Terra server. I'm starting to get low on space. I have room for only 33 more 4K titles and I already have 8 pre-ordered! (In short, if K goes out of business, you can't blame me!)
Yeah these 40GB servers don't hold many movies these days, particularly in UHD :)
If the time comes when I again run out of storage, I won't hesitate to buy another Terra Server. As it stands, though, my 24 TB Terra still has 53 percent of its storage available for use.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If the time comes when I again run out of storage, I won't hesitate to buy another Terra Server. As it stands, though, my 24 TB Terra still have 53 percent of its storage available for use.
Agreed totally - but won't consider one if they are selling them now with only 40GB of disc space ;):)

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
From their website:

TERRA STORAGE
Available with four 6TB or 10TB hard drives (24TB or 40TB total)

24TB configuration stores up to 400 Ultra HD movies, 800 Blu-ray quality movies, or 3,600 DVD quality movies

40TB configuration stores up to 720 Ultra HD movies, 1,300 Blu-ray quality movies, or 6,000 DVD quality movies

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
From their website:

TERRA STORAGE
Available with four 6TB or 10TB hard drives (24TB or 40TB total)

24TB configuration stores up to 400 Ultra HD movies, 800 Blu-ray quality movies, or 3,600 DVD quality movies

40TB configuration stores up to 720 Ultra HD movies, 1,300 Blu-ray quality movies, or 6,000 DVD quality movies
LOL I know - I was ribbing @bjorg, who posted he was going to have to purchase a second 40GB - not 40TB server :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Haha. Didn't even realize my typo. I think this just shows how old I am and when 40GB was a lot! LOL!!

·
Registered
21,187 Posts
Haha. Didn't even realize my typo. I think this just shows how old I am and when 40GB was a lot! LOL!!
Don't feel bad. I remember when 10GB was a lot.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Watched Annihilation UHD HDR from KScape using Sony VPL-VW5000ES; black levels were horrible throughout - I'm using a calibrated Radiance Pro. I switched to Sherlock Holmes (2009) UHD HDR from KScape and black levels were great and then to a good old 1080p disc and black levels were near perfect to my eyes. I've certainly noticed that black levels w/UHD HDR titles are hit or miss (each one seems to send a custom setting). Any one else saw Annihilation?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Few more concerts were added from Eagle Rock, including "Hans Zimmer - Live in Prague" in HD and Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Watched Annihilation UHD HDR from KScape using Sony VPL-VW5000ES; black levels were horrible throughout - I'm using a calibrated Radiance Pro. I switched to Sherlock Holmes (2009) UHD HDR from KScape and black levels were great and then to a good old 1080p disc and black levels were near perfect to my eyes. I've certainly noticed that black levels w/UHD HDR titles are hit or miss (each one seems to send a custom setting). Any one else saw Annihilation?
We are watching tonight. Will let you know.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I ran into a similar HDR issue. My son and I wanted to watch Jurassic Park III in HDR. I don't know how they mastered it, but it feels like a neutral filter is applied to all normal brightness shots so that they can get some highlights for HDR. It's utterly unwatchable. After 10mins, we switched to the BR. There was a slight loss in sharpness, but the colors were massively better. To put this into context, even my son pointed out that the image looked too dark in HDR and he's usually not picky in the least! The set we were watching on is an LG G6.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Don't feel bad. I remember when 10GB was a lot.
Ha! I remember when 10 MB was a lot. And don't get me started on memory management. Having to create boot disks with all sorts of different configurations for running various programs was pretty challenging for 5 year old me to say the least. Went through a lot to play King's Quest. Haha. We have it so darn easy these days.

When we complain about the prices of Terra servers, sometimes I have to remind myself that my parents spent about that much on a computer primarily used for word processing...in the 80s! I think that 10 MB hard drive upgrade cost around $4000 or so. Computer not included.

·
Registered
179 Posts
First Lionsgate movies (8 for the time being) in UHD/HDR and in Dolby Atmos are now available at the store!

·
Registered
909 Posts
the HDR library we have compared to physical media or any other outlet is incredible. great work Kscape!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Again Go out the store with Matrix since the lag of Atmos I was wonder that K will upgrade but nothing happen now before any purchase I will compare with what is coming in the physical disc then do the wright move

Hope K and I saw a lot of effort from there side but it should in there price range be always at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3781 - 3800 of 6363 Posts