AVS Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 6384 Posts

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
I have been waiting for an ice age for the rerelease of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on BD. Just discovered today that the disk version was released last month and the Kscape store had it for $2.00 less than the disk edition. I bought it this morning and it came with digital rights too. This makes me very happy as this film is one of my all time favorite movie musicals.

Reactions: steelman1991

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just rechecked Kscape's page describing the UHD HDR TrueHD Atmos version of Ready Player One and it still shows, "Disk to Digital Not available." I have no idea why you are seeing something different?
That is not how you know if it has digital rights you look to the left and it has the UV symbol which means it has digital rights, I bought mine on vudu for $19.99 and got a $3.00 towards another movie and it ported in to the K Store in 4K UHD HDR, downloading right now...

The Disc to Digital offer is if you were to have the Blu-ray Disc in a Disc vault in you’re system some studio allow you to pay a certain amount to conver the disc to the digital version in the store....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Before I learned better than to preorder UHD HDR titles from the Kscape store, I preordered the UHD HDR quality version of A Quiet Place it for $36.99. Alas, the Kscape version lacks TrueHD Atmos audio, although the UHD HDR disk that will be available in a couple of weeks has it. To add insult to injury, the price of the disk will be $24.99, which means I paid a fifty percent premium only to get inferior audio. The only silver lining is that the version I bought from the Kscape store has DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio. I hope Kscape somehow gets the TrueHD Atmos version of this title, it's the least they could do for us.

Ultraviolet has fixed the code redeem issue it is now UHD in my UV library and port to K Store in 4K UHD HDR...

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Ultraviolet has fixed the code redeem issue it is now UHD in my UV library and port to K Store in 4K UHD HDR...
Yeah, I just checked MyUV and confirmed that Ready Player One is there in UHD quality. Thanks for the tip about looking for the UV symbol on the lefthand side of a movie's page. I have been a Kscape owner for more than two years but still hadn't figured that one out. Thanks again! It's a shame Kscape's page is so ambiguous.

PS -- A Quiet Place is also now available in UHD quality in my MyUV library. That was a pleasant surprise!

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
I just rechecked Kscape's page describing the UHD HDR TrueHD Atmos version of Ready Player One and it still shows, "Disk to Digital Not available." I have no idea why you are seeing something different?
Maybe I misunderstood. If you purchase this movie from the store, it COMES with UV rights to allow you to download for digital use. This is not the same as disc to digital. Really this movie has it all and is a model for all K store new releases! 4K HDR - check, Dolby Atmos - check, early release - check, UV rights - check....

https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/movie/details/38011912

Edit: Well, if they added special features it would be check mate... lol.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood. If you purchase this movie from the store, it COMES with UV rights to allow you to download for digital use. This is not the same as disc to digital. Really this movie has it all and is a model for all K store new releases! 4K HDR - check, Dolby Atmos - check, early release - check, UV rights - check....

https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/movie/details/38011912

Edit: Well, if they added special features it would be check mate... lol.
Yep, as noted in my last post, my last several Kscape purchases have been entirely satisfactory. Even the 7.1 audio I got with my UHD HDR version of A Quite Place worked well. Although I would have preferred the TrueHD Atmos soundtrack the disk has, the 7.1 upconverted to 7.2.4 using DSU sounded wonderful. Most of the film is so quiet, I didn't feel at all deprived.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Yep, as noted in my last post, my last several Kscape purchases have been entirely satisfactory. Even the 7.1 audio I got with my UHD HDR version of A Quite Place worked well. Although I would have preferred the TrueHD Atmos soundtrack the disk has, the 7.1 upconverted to 7.2.4 using DSU sounded wonderful. Most of the film is so quiet, I didn't feel at all deprived.
I’ve downloaded but not watched that movie yet. I didn’t get to see it at the theaters and looking forward to watching! SJ

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
I’ve downloaded but not watched that movie yet. I didn’t get to see it at the theaters and looking forward to watching! SJ
A Quiet Place is a terrific little horror film. I have watched it twice and liked it even more the second time. Anything Emily Blunt is in is almost an automatic buy for me. She is marvelous in this film, as she is in everything she is in.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
I noticed that my Kscape system's software was upgraded to kOS 10.3.1-18720 on June 28. Does anybody know what, if any, functionality this upgrade adds?

Reactions: ddsquire

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
It added access to the K Store for me.
That was just what I needed to learn. After I saw your post, I immediately found the new Kscape store choice. Thanks for the tip?

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
I want to buy the Apollo 13 UHD HDR DTS:X MA disk from Amazon if, but only if, my digital rights to the film will include the UHD HDR quality version. I am going to pass on the HDR upgrade available from the Kscape store because it lacks lossless immersive audio. It has only DTS-HD MA 5.1. Can anybody tell me whether the Apollo 13 UHD HDR disk has UHD HDR UV digital rights? If so, would where I redeemed them make any difference? I am hoping that UV digital rights in UHD HDR quality might link to my Kscape library. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I want to buy the Apollo 13 UHD HDR DTS:X MA disk from Amazon if, but only if, my digital rights to the film will include the UHD HDR quality version. I am going to pass on the HDR upgrade available from the Kscape store because it lacks lossless immersive audio. It has only DTS-HD MA 5.1. Can anybody tell me whether the Apollo 13 UHD HDR disk has UHD HDR UV digital rights? If so, would where I redeemed them make any difference? I am hoping that UV digital rights in UHD HDR quality might link to my Kscape library. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry but no codes redeem as UHD in Kaleidescape on that title.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
So what is going on with UV these days? While I normally like to purchase my movies directly from the K store, the other day I took advantage of the $10 Amazon credit just for stopping by Whole Foods on "Prime Day" and scanning some code on the app. Got a 4K movie for free. Woohoo! Anyway, the movie came, I went to UV to redeem the code, but then they don't seem to let you do that on UV any longer (https://www.myuv.com/redeem). Now that page just says "Please check the insert that came with your disc for instructions on how to redeem the code. You may also be able to redeem the code at your favorite UltraViolet retailer’s website" Huh? So even though the insert that came with the disc has the UV logo and all, it had a URL to go UPHE.com/Redeem (Universal Picture's site). I skipped that and went instead to Vudu which is linked to my UV account. Went to redeem the code on Vudu, but then it took me directly to Movies Anywhere. Finally signed up for a MA account and finally finished the redemption. Linked it to my Vudu account, which is linked to my UV account, which is ultimately linked to my Kaleidescape account. Haha. My movie successfully showed up in my library in the K store, but sheesh! Talk about one roundabout way to redeem my digital copy!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I am not too stoked about the further and further fragmentation we're seeing from the studios, but I will say that AT LEAST with Kaleidscape, it curates them in ONE location for our viewing pleasure. The streaming world is pulling their hair out with more and more companies insisting on you using yet another platform. Walmart's apparently trying to get in the game (https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/walmart-may-launch-a-video-streaming-service-to-battle-netflix-amazon/), although they already do own Vudu. We saw what CBS did. Star Trek Discovery, anybody? All the cable/sat providers are pushing their own. Netflix is losing (or not renewing) licenses as fast as they create their own. Disney's furiously working on THEIR own platform. Makes me SO glad I keep my streaming to a minimum, but still. What's going on in the digital rights world is downright wacky. As much as we want/need K to get signed on with Movies Anywhere, I bet that as soon as that finally happens, there will be yet ANOTHER competing standard we'll have to contend with. Haha.

Thanks for letting me vent for a moment. /RANT

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm surprised that worked for you. I recently had an issue redeeming rights for Get Out. I have both an MA and UV account, and both are linked to Vudu. UV, of course, is also linked to K. I followed the instructions on the insert, redeeming it through UPHE.com. The result was that it showed up in MA, and on Vudu, but not in UV (and, therefore, not in K, which is where I really wanted it).

I have tried various ways to remedy this, and one of those was to reach out to Vudu and see if they could pass the rights through to UV. This was their response from two days ago:

"Movies Anywhere movie transfers work a little differently than UltraViolet or Disney Movies Anywhere did previously. Any UltraViolet and Movies Anywhere compatible titles obtained directly from Vudu will export to both linked services. Imported content from UltraViolet will also export to Movies Anywhere as long as all services remain linked and the title is Movies Anywhere compatible; however, titles importing to Vudu from Movies Anywhere will not export to UltraViolet, even if it is an UltraViolet compatible title."

But, Montucky, if I'm reading your post correctly, you did exactly what they said cannot be done (and which did not work for me): your movie was registered to MA, which registered it to Vudu, and was in-turn registered to UV.

In any case, I absolutely agree that this is a broken process. Far too often it's a roll of the device as to whether or not you'll get the rights you're entitled to.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
But, Montucky, if I'm reading your post correctly, you did exactly what they said cannot be done (and which did not work for me): your movie was registered to MA, which registered it to Vudu, and was in-turn registered to UV.

In any case, I absolutely agree that this is a broken process. Far too often it's a roll of the device as to whether or not you'll get the rights you're entitled to.
You are correct, sir. I may have just done the "impossible" according to them. That or I just got lucky in how the rights work. Going through UPHE spooked me a bit, so maybe I did the best thing by going through Vudu for the redemption code. I entered it there, which they directly routed me to MA via a pop-up where I completed the process. I don't know if it made any difference, but I was logged in to UV at the same time, verifying of course that it was linked to Vudu. Every company out there trying to go about things their own way though really is getting out of control.

3901 - 3920 of 6384 Posts