AVS Forum banner

4081 - 4100 of 6379 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Just got the notice that Incredibles 2 is available for download in glorious HDR. What's best? It ALSO comes with Atmos. I'm noticing more and more movies on the K store finally coming with ALL the goods we've been begging for. Is this a Pixar thing, or is it a sign of an overarching positive change with movie studios? Between some of the excellent pricing we've seen with some studios along with more things coming with 4K HDR + Atmos + digital rights, I'm hoping it's also the latter. :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sadly it’s Disney Atmos .

Not sure if it’s my expectation level, but this is another soundtrack from the Mouse stable that to me lacked dynamism and energy. Had to really crank the volume around +8dB from normal to achieve anything close to a satisfying experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
Sadly it’s Disney Atmos .

Not sure if it’s my expectation level, but this is another soundtrack from the Mouse stable that to me lacked dynamism and energy. Had to really crank the volume around +8dB from normal to achieve anything close to a satisfying experience
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy Incredibles 2 because of the Disneyfication of its audio. Recently, though, I bought Aunt Man and the Wasp and its TrueHD Atmos audio sounded fine at -5db below reference.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Just got the notice that Incredibles 2 is available for download in glorious HDR. What's best? It ALSO comes with Atmos. I'm noticing more and more movies on the K store finally coming with ALL the goods we've been begging for. Is this a Pixar thing, or is it a sign of an overarching positive change with movie studios? Between some of the excellent pricing we've seen with some studios along with more things coming with 4K HDR + Atmos + digital rights, I'm hoping it's also the latter. :)
I've been busy so this is the first movie I have picked up after I heard about the new download speeds. Happy to say Incredibles 2 in 4K HDR downloaded in 37 minutes. I think its was an almost 70GB download!!! Very happy with the speed increase.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy Incredibles 2 because of the Disneyfication of its audio. Recently, though, I bought Aunt Man and the Wasp and its TrueHD Atmos audio sounded fine at -5db below reference.

I rarely - if ever listen at that level - but at my listening levels there was something lacking. More in the dynamics. You know the scenes where you anticipate huge moments of sound (crumbling buildings, explosions, gunfire) of which there are plenty in this movie, only to be disappointed by the experience. I know it's been suggested on other sites that Disney are using "one-size fits all" audio tracks, but this does sound "starved" in the same way I find soundtracks on Apple TV and other streaming formats. Disappointed for this title, as otherwise it ticked all the boxes for a rip-roaring animated yarn.

Haven't seen Ant Man and the Wasp, but might just download now, if only to have a something to compare.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dowloaded a movie today and got a combined download speed of 720 Mbps . 4K and HD version of the same movie were downloading at 610 Mbps and 110 Mbps simultaneously on Terra server and 3U server respectively .... This is amazing ....

Attachments

·
Banned
62 Posts
A top Dolby Executive told me that Antman and the Wasp was mixed at Skywalker, while Disney has its own semi-automatic workflow.

·
Registered
21,193 Posts
A top Dolby Executive told me that Antman and the Wasp was mixed at Skywalker, while Disney has its own semi-automatic workflow.
Thanks for your input! I watched Ant Man and the Wasp again over the weekend and was again impressed with its Atmos audiotrack.

Reactions: ddsquire

·
Banned
62 Posts
Latest srp

I don’t think is accurate anymore as there is no 40TB Terra server on there and they only offer the Strato S in 6TB and 12TB and Strato C with no storage and don’t offer the basic Strato anymore...
This is the latest as of today.

Also New:

Kaleidescape Movie Download Service
Service is now available for up to 100 movies pre-purchased by the customer to be downloaded to their Strato movie player at the factory

How this works:
Dealer must fill out and submit the Factory Download Service sales order form to [email protected].
Kaleidescape’s Order Processing staff will enter the sales order in our system and respond to the dealer with a pro-forma invoice for payment. If there is no credit card on file for that dealer’s order, Kaleidescape will require the completion of an authorization form for credit-card orders. (This will not be necessary for orders made through wire transfers.)
Once payment is confirmed, Kaleidescape Order Processing will release the order to stage the new Strato movie player for content download at the factory. The customer will receive an e-mail with information about the factory movie-download service. They will also receive an email with the link to activate their system. (This will be considered the “start date” for how this process works).
Once the system is activated, the customer will create a Kaleidescape Movie Store account. (Note: If the customer already has a movie store account, he or she will only need to register their new system—the Strato movie player—to that account).
The customer has seven calendar days (“selection period”) from the “start date” above to activate the system and to purchase movies that will be downloaded at the factory. If no titles have been purchased during “the selection period,” Kaleidescape will ship the system to the dealer without any factory-downloaded content.
Kaleidescape will endeavor to download the minimum of either 100 titles or the number of titles selected by the customer within the “selection period.”
The customer’s system will ship fourteen calendar days from the “start date,” or immediately following the “selection period” if no movies were purchased.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Can you just buy the Terra Movie Server with no disks and just populate it with your own?

No - it is a proprietary playback system and with a terra server you have to populate with titles from the K store and pair it with a Strato player. A DV700 vault (Disc Carousel) is available for playback of discs that you own but it has to be paired with an Alto player.

·
Registered
725 Posts
No - it is a proprietary playback system and with a terra server you have to populate with titles from the K store and pair it with a Strato player. A DV700 vault (Disc Carousel) is available for playback of discs that you own but it has to be paired with an Alto player.

In addition you need to use their hard drives as well

·
Registered
883 Posts
Introducing the Kaleidescape Mobile App!

Welcome to a whole new experience for selecting and purchasing movies, and controlling the playback of feature films, concerts, and TV shows.

Here are some of the features you'll enjoy.

Browse
Explore the great films in Kaleidescape's catalog anytime, anywhere. Search with family and friends for favorite movies and discover new gems.

Buy
Select and purchase a movie to watch after dinner while in the company of friends at a restaurant.

Gesture Control
Gracefully navigate Kaleidescape's onscreen user interface, without taking your eyes off the big screen.

Seamless
Designed in concert with the onscreen interface, with easy access to all of the movie player features.

Elegant
Experience the same elegance you get from our onscreen user interface.

Intuitive
The app provides the right balance between simplicity and power.

Enjoy a whole new experience.

FAQ
https://support.kaleidescape.com/article/Kaleidescape-Mobile-App

Download on the AppStore
https://itunes.apple.com/app/kaleidescape/id1403819101

© 2018 Kaleidescape, Inc.
Each image is copyrighted by its respective owner

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts

Welcome to a whole new experience for selecting and purchasing movies, and controlling the playback of feature films, concerts, and TV shows.

Browse
Explore the great films in Kaleidescape's catalog anytime, anywhere. Search with family and friends for favorite movies and discover new gems.

Buy
Select and purchase a movie to watch after dinner while in the company of friends at a restaurant.

Gesture Control
Gracefully navigate Kaleidescape's onscreen user interface, without taking your eyes off the big screen.

Seamless
Designed in concert with the onscreen interface, with easy access to all of the movie player features.

Elegant

Intuitive

FAQ

Download on the AppStore

2018 Kaleidescape, Inc.
This is great news! Any idea when Android version will be available? It is, after all, the most popular mobile platform in the world.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts

Browse

Buy

Gesture Control

Seamless

Elegant

Intuitive

FAQ

Download on the AppStore

2018 Kaleidescape, Inc.

Just update from the beta to the official release well done K hope we get more fun staff from them and more immersive sound included

4081 - 4100 of 6379 Posts