AVS Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 6372 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes there are chapters - you can certainly press the chapter skip button (forward or backwards) and jump to fixed points in a movie - but I don’t think they are visible as separate selectable chapters in the way you would see them presented on a disc.
Yeah I knew that, but I think they mean a chapter selection screen like discs have

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Well, the results are in! Ralph approves. After the disappointment that was my Matrix trilogy Blu-Rays (Loved the movies. Just wasn't thrilled with that particular transfer), looks like I'm in for a re-re-purchase in 4K. Haha. Bought the DVDs as soon as those came out, then bought the BDs. Ugggh. This is probably the only movie franchise that has gotten me as many times as Disney. Haha.
https://www.avsforum.com/matrix-trilogy-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review/
It'd be nice if the K store offered special pricing for purchasing the entire bundle, though. Do they ever do that? Sometime they run good promotions on a particular series where you still buy them individually at discount rates, but I can't recall if I've seen them do a package price where you get them all in one go.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Looks like MI: Fallout HDR is out. AR = 1.85:1 (presume it's VAR....)

whereas the shiny disc version AR is: (per https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mission-Impossible-Fallout-4K-Blu-ray/205013/)
Aspect ratio: 2.39:1, 1.90:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1

Just wanted to follow up and note that I checked with our movie guide team to be sure, and yes, the 1.85 aspect ratio is because of the inclusion of the IMAX footage.

Yes it's Variable AR - see the quote above from Mike Kobb over at Kscape Owners

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fallout with Atmos! I guess I’ll have to buy the disk.

Reactions: gwsat

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Just saw that the store's running a "Holiday Weekend Special." Some REALLY good deals today. Time to load up, folks!
https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/collection/bf_2018_us

I have many of the titles on offer - but feel underwhelmed by some. Not sure what some of the titles previous prices were, but looks like only $3 drop in Marvel/Disney titles. Still better than nothing I guess.

EDIT - I just checked my purchase price of Star War: Last Jedi and I was charged $33.99 - the same as the 'Holiday Weekend Special" price? Anybody else see the same?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Is there any Black Friday deals on the K hardware?

I’ve been looking to get into a Strato-S 6GB, and waiting for the price to reach my budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I have many of the titles on offer - but feel underwhelmed by some. Not sure what some of the titles previous prices were, but looks like only $3 drop in Marvel/Disney titles. Still better than nothing I guess.

EDIT - I just checked my purchase price of Star War: Last Jedi and I was charged $33.99 - the same as the 'Holiday Weekend Special" price? Anybody else see the same?
Yeah, some weren't really deals at all, so I skipped anything over $30 for sure. I picked up a nice stack of stuff for the $10-20 range, though!

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Is there any Black Friday deals on the K hardware?

I’ve been looking to get into a Strato-S 6GB, and waiting for the price to reach my budget.
I wouldn't hold my breath for an official K sale, but there are some units on some the kscapeowners classifieds right now if you'd be willing to go that route!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Montucky, thanks. I forget about those forums.

I pm’d a seller to see how motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone else experience slow downloads during the weekend? After the special came out only my first purchase downloaded at my regular speed of 90 Mbps; the others around 12 Mbps.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The Meg

Hi

For those who previously purchased this masterpiece :rolleyes:, it has now been upgraded from DTS HD-MA 5.1 to Dolby Atmos. Title will have to be deleted and re-downloaded.

·
Registered
21,192 Posts
U mean Meg ? Yes I found that and hope more come on the way like MI fallout and more
I will probably hold my nose and pay Kscape $16.00(!) more than Amazon's price for Mission Impossible: Fallout if they ever get True HD Atmos audio for the 4K version. As long as Kscape offers only 7.1 audio, though, I won't touch this title with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I will probably hold my nose and pay Kscape $16.00(!) more than Amazon's price for Mission Impossible: Fallout if they ever get True HD Atmos audio for the 4K version. As long as Kscape offers only 7.1 audio, though, I won't touch this title with a ten foot pole.

after Meg update I hold my buy hope it will upgraded soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Especially at $37! YOUCH! Common, Paramount!!! What gives?

·
Registered
21,192 Posts
Especially at $37! YOUCH! Common, Paramount!!! What gives?
Yep, for $36.99 those who buy the UHD HDR quality version of Mission Impossible: Fallout from the Kscape store get only 7.1 audio and get no digital rights. What's wrong with this picture? That said, if Kscape manages to get the title with TrueHD Atmos audio, I'll buy it anyway.

·
Registered
340 Posts
So Predator, House with a clock in its walls and Mission impossible all released without immersive audio!! This is getting ridiculous, I guess I’ll be buying more disk. Smh

4121 - 4140 of 6372 Posts