AVS Forum banner

5761 - 5780 of 6384 Posts

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
HA! That went right over my head Art! But no, I have a lot of time on my hands!

Watching a lot of Jame Bond but have 10s of films to catch up on... I'm trying this to look at this situation as a once in a life-time opportunity to not work much... Sorta nice! Have all my kids living at home and that is a rare thing. So, enjoying it!

The Kaleidescape players have never had more use!
After your post Angela and I have done Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball I'd prefer to jump to Lazenby's lone film next.

Art

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
After your post Angela and I have done Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball I'd prefer to jump to Lazenby's lone film next.

Art
Which gals have you "done" from Dr No, From Russia With Love, and Thunderball? :p:);)

·
Registered
26,786 Posts
Anyone know if IP MAN 4: The Finale - is slated to be released on K? Blu Ray / UHD is next week...

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Hi folks. I'm compiling some information for Kaleidescape, and I'd like to ask people visiting this thread that are either owners or prospective owners to share some feedback. Please take a minute and direct message me (or just post if you like) your answers to the following.

I am an: owner | prospective owner

For owners:

1. The top three things I like about Kaleidescape are...
2. The top three things I want to see changed/improved/fixed about Kaleidescape are...

For prospective owners:

1. The top three things drawing me to consider buying into Kaleidescape are...
2. The top three things I need to see changed/improved/fixed to get me to finally buy into Kaleidescape are...

Edit: Of course if you have less than three things, just share what you have. Extra credit to you if you want to list more than three.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hi folks. I'm compiling some information for Kaleidescape, and I'd like to ask people visiting this thread that are either owners or prospective owners to share some feedback. Please take a minute and direct message me (or just post if you like) your answers to the following.

For owners:

2. The top three things I want to see changed/improved/fixed about Kaleidescape are...

For prospective owners:

2. The top three things I need to see changed/improved/fixed to get me to finally buy into Kaleidescape are...

Edit: Of course if you have less than three things, just share what you have. Extra credit to you if you want to list more than three.

Thanks.
Hi

I am an owner

1: Quality, convenience, speed of downloads and reliability
2: All titles (that have the immersive audio on disc) to have the same audio quality on K - sorry I couldn't think of another 2 :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am an owner

1: Quality, convenience, speed of downloads and reliability.

2: All titles (that have the immersive audio on disc) to have the same audio quality on a K system, and have the ability to have tittles automatically updated by K if a new version is uploaded.

3. Be able to purchase tittles with say 7 or 14 day viewing time limits at a much cheaper price. Could allow the ability to renew or outright purchase

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
The only way I can answer that is I did not do Dr No maybe in the 21st century we will see Dr No remade and be a woman in that case my answer is Sylvia Trench. :D

Art
How did you know? She was my first elementary school crush!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts

For owners:

For prospective owners:

Thanks.
Hi Jaremy... long time....:)

I am an owner:

- Video quality
- GUI/ease of use
- movie store

Primary:

- ATMOS/DTS:X for 20th Century/NBCU titles (existing catalog and new) This is huge. #1 . You cannot promote yourself as the premier video service with compromised titles from two major studios. This HAS to get fixed. My dealer has had three potential customers walk away because of this, as they have invested heavily in advanced multi-channel set-ups. And please dont tell me unmixed is the same. It's not close.

- Movies Anywhere - K cannot look at revenue from firewalled move sales as the make or break for them as a profitable company. If so, they are doomed. They must profit from their HW sales/IP. Adopt MA, as this gives owners comfort that at least their SW expenditures are protected on other platforms should something happen to K in the future. Right now, we buy without a net.

- Lower prices and broaden the market. Two prices increases in the last year went in the opposite direction for increasing customer base, and the pessimist in me said it felt like a grasp for funds.

Secondary:

- LAN streaming to secondary devices for owned titles (ie to the K app on an iPad), if you want to finish a movie in the kitchen or in the bedroom, or perhaps watch extras, when not in the Strato system room.

- Add genre filters to the poster wall - I should be able to choose a genre or search criteria and filter the poster wall - right now, its a rather intuitive visit to the list view.

- Add a collections option to streamline the poster view (ie. "Star Wars Collection" which contains all Star Wars titles you own.

- Vertical-only poster wall scroll option (horizontal scrolling is simply not in the GUI vernacular for any other system, so K is non-intuitive in this way)

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Hi Jeremy:

I am owner:

Top 3 things about ownership

1)Quality of Video
2)Speed and convenience of Download Bit for Bit
3)GUI\Ease of use and reliability.

Top 3 Things I'd like to see changed in order of priority

1)Major issue with Immersive audio not being available when they are available 4K shiny disc
2)Would like to see rental options
3)Would like to see day and date
4)Would like to see better communication from Kscape to owners, your compiling information to Kscape. Perhaps 2 way communication.

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Hi Jaremy... long time....:)

I am an owner:

- Video quality
- GUI/ease of use
- movie store

Primary:

- ATMOS/DTS:X for 20th Century/NBCU titles (existing catalog and new) This is huge. #1 . You cannot promote yourself as the premier video services with compromised titles from two major studios. They HAS to get fixed. My dealer has had three potential customers walk away because of this, as they have invested heavily in advanced multi-channel set-ups. And please dont tell me unmixed is the same. It's not close.

- Movies Anywhere - K cannot look at revenue from firewalled move sales as the make or break for them as a profitable company. If so, they are doomed. They must profit from their HW sales/IP. Adopt MA, as this gives owners comfort that at least their SW expenditures are protected on other platforms should something happen to K in the future. Right now, we buy without a net.

- Lower prices and broaden the market. Two prices increases in the last year went in the opposite direction for increasing customer base, and the pessimist in me said it felt like a grasp for funds.

Secondary:

- LAN streaming to secondary devices for owned titles (ie to the K app on an iPad), if you want to finish a movie in the kitchen or in the bedroom, or perhaps watch extras, when not in the Strato system room.

- Add genre filters to the poster wall - I should be able to choose a genre or search criteria and filter the poster wall - right now, its a rather intuitive visit to the list view.

- Add a collections option to streamline the poster view (ie. "Star Wars Collection" which contains all Star Wars titles you own.

- Vertical-only poster wall scroll option (horizontal scrolling is simply not in the GUI vernacular for any other system, so K is non-intuitive in this way)

This is exactly why I'm holding off. I could overcome the price if the above was addressed and I felt the company was stable. I'll go the DIY NAS route first, until then I get everything I need from the physical copy.

·
Registered
21,128 Posts

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
Actually better than any of the Bond gals is Raquel Welch! "Fantastic Voyager" was her first big hit, available on KScape:

https://www.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/movie/fantastic-voyage-1966

How would you like to fantasize of her being miniaturized and traveling inside your body to save you?

Here's a history of Raquel Welch with pictures:

https://yeahmotor.com/celeb/raquel-welch/17/?v=1
Fun film saw it at the drive in with my parents. I actually enjoyed Edmond OBrien's and Arthur OConnell's parts back in the control center the dry sort of we do this everyday boredom with it.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hi Jeremy:

I am owner:

Top 3 things about ownership

1)Quality of Video
2)Speed and convenience of Download Bit for Bit
3)GUI\Ease of use and reliability.

Top 3 Things I'd like to see changed in order of priority

1)Major issue with Immersive audio not being available when they are available 4K shiny disc
2)Would like to see rental options
3)Would like to see day and date
4)Would like to see better communication from Kscape to owners, your compiling information to Kscape. Perhaps 2 way communication.
Day & Date would be huge, as would being able to rent. I may want to watch a movie once, and not worry about owning it. I'd much rather pay $7 to K to rent a title (yes download it and all) than pay $5 to Vudu.

And I know that there is conflicts about it. But MA has got to come around. Too many people with their vudu/iTunes/MA accounts have already established large collections. It would be a much easier sell to be able to say to them that they could access that content on the digital platform around.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Day & Date would be huge, as would being able to rent. I may want to watch a movie once, and not worry about owning it. I'd much rather pay $7 to K to rent a title (yes download it and all) than pay $5 to Vudu.

And I know that there is conflicts about it. But MA has got to come around. Too many people with their vudu/iTunes/MA accounts have already established large collections. It would be a much easier sell to be able to say to them that they could access that content on the digital platform around.
Are you saying that as an existing owner or as someone considering Kaliedescape?

·
Registered
65 Posts

For owners:

For prospective owners:

Thanks.

Current owner.

Like:
Ease of use and wow factor (poster view and GUI).

Picture and sound quality.

Integration with control system (Control4 in my case) and API access for digital movie poster display.

No trailers/FBI Warnings

Hate:
Content island. Need movies anywhere.

No Disc to Digital. I don’t want to pay full price for movies I already own on disc. I own the Blu-Ray box set of Bond plus the last couple movies as one-offs. I would pay a reasonable amount of money that would cover K’s costs to let me download the K versions, but not $750. I only have a Strato, so I can’t pop my discs in my K system, but there’s gotta be a way. I really want K to be my ONLY movie library, but just can’t justify it.

Terra Storage pricing. It’s a shelf of hard drives guys. Bring the price down to a reasonable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5761 - 5780 of 6384 Posts