AVS Forum banner

6281 - 6300 of 6384 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Wait, you costar a vault and a Strato together directly? I wasn't aware that worked. I've only seen it described as needing an Alto too in that setup.
there are two different vaults. One has playback output and the other only has an Ethernet port. I really would check with a dealer or K directly on what actually works. A Strato can integrate with a vault (disc server configuration) for DVD only playback. SJ

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
there are two different vaults. One has playback output and the other only has an Ethernet port. I really would check with a dealer or K directly on what actually works. A Strato can integrate with a vault (disc server configuration) for DVD only playback. SJ
My Vault - I was using as a player for my informal living room OLED before I got the Strato (at which time I only had the Premier System).
I bought a second Stratos with a Co Star and integrated them with my Vault on the same OLED and have access to both premier and encore (Stratos) on this TV.
In my Theater I have a Stratos and a Lumagen Costar License working with a M500 to get the same access.

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
I think I've had my Premiere system about eight or nine years ,I use it many times more than my Encore just for the reason stated ,I probably have a thousand films that will never be in the Kscape store. I probably have at least ten times the number of films in the Film Noir genre alone than they offer. I have four vaults never a problem with any of them. I think Rob Hahn has a dozen vaults.
Steve, I think you need to consider what you are going to be viewing and listening to, look over the store offerings, then decide.
Art

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Yes Siree...
DV700 - Costar - Strato S to my OLED works exactly as my M500 - Costar (In Lumagen) - Strato S in Theater.
Per other replies though, a DV700 doesn't have an HDMI output?

https://www.kaleidescape.com/dv700-disc-vault/

A Costar is an HDMI switch.

The M700 has the built in player. But I thought an M700 can't play a disc via it's internal player. It would have to import the disc to a M-class server.

https://www.kaleidescape.com/wp-content/uploads/Kaleidescape-M700-Disc-Vault.pdf

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think his M700 player/disc vault is connected to a Premiere server and Is playtime’s movies from the server.

John

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think his M700 player/disc vault is connected to a Premiere server and Is playtime’s movies from the server.

John
I need to decide if I am going to run my Premier system side by side with a new Encore system. I would only do it in the theater and rely on Encore for our Den and our Bedroom. The alternative is to keep the DVDs and BluRays that are not in the store handy for spinning up in my universal player. Either way, I'll go disc to digital for anything I can. I did a huge disc to digital purchase when K was on life support awhile back to free up space in my vault.

Decisions decisions

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
This is only my opinion and my two cents - I have two Stratos, the M700 a M500 and a 3U with 35TB Storage.
Enough space for rewatch movies - I don't see the point of having all the 3000 plus movies I have on the K System, especially that may less than 200 out of these movies I would rewatch within the space of a year.
If you run out of space you can delete stuff you have already watched - don't see myself watching Brightburn more than once!!
The only reason why I would like to get a Terraserver is because of lightning fast downloads (14 to 20 minutes versus a 45 minutes to 1 hour plus on a Stratos.

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
This is only my opinion and my two cents - I have two Stratos, the M700 a M500 and a 3U with 35TB Storage.
Enough space for rewatch movies - I don't see the point of having all the 3000 plus movies I have on the K System, especially that may less than 200 out of these movies I would rewatch
So true but like books I have a hard time tossing them. I think I might be in need of the guys who call the hoarding clean up posse to come over. I'm near the end of my storage but at least I committed to myself that I would start deleting instead of getting more storage. Isn't admitting you have a problem the start .:eek:

Art

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
So true but like books I have a hard time tossing them. I think I might be in need of the guys who call the hoarding clean up posse to come over. I'm near the end of my storage but at least I committed to myself that I would start deleting instead of getting more storage. Isn't admitting you have a problem the start .:eek:

Art
LOL - I am right there with you, Art!

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts

Art
Tossing .... you will still have the media - just not accessible in a second...
First world problems

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
Tossing .... you will still have the media - just not accessible in a second...
First world problems
Kinda but added to that the wonderful organization and categorization the Kscape has for new, genres, actors etc. Being able to sit in my seat and scroll through based on that is great. Before that I literally used to realize I had a film after I bought it or had so many cases stacked in no real order that I really didn't know what I had. This, to me at least, is a bigger deal than the quick access.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I had a Strato 6TB and how have a C/Terra. The ~12 minute downloads are pretty sweet, I have to admit, but you pay a lot for that.

Getting comfortable with a use case with Kaleidescape were we own more content in our accounts than we keep locally all the time and you cycle/redownload as you like while keeping certain favorites and such always local is going to have to happen to all of us in time, most likely, as we grow our libraries.

So Ash then, your M700 probably isn't playing content directly off the disc. It rips content to the 3U and plays it from there.

Reactions: oOOBillO0o

·
Registered
21,129 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow! 11.4.6 Home Theater Dazzles with Massive 234-Inch Screen
Integrator Sound Sense installs 20-foot Vutec screen, Wisdom Audio speakers in Dolby 11.4.6 set-up, and Christie 4K projector in 16-seat home theater.

With Kaleidescape Encore of course!

https://www.cepro.com/audio-video/home-theater/11-4-6-home-theater-234-inch-screen/?utm_source=CEPRewind&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content&eid=438814252&bid=2656062

What a room it should sound amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow! 11.4.6 Home Theater Dazzles with Massive 234-Inch Screen
Integrator Sound Sense installs 20-foot Vutec screen, Wisdom Audio speakers in Dolby 11.4.6 set-up, and Christie 4K projector in 16-seat home theater.

With Kaleidescape Encore of course!

https://www.cepro.com/audio-video/home-theater/11-4-6-home-theater-234-inch-screen/?utm_source=CEPRewind&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content&eid=438814252&bid=2656062
They cleaned house at the CEDIA EMEA Awards event in London last fall. They do some great work. I'll have to look and see what they have going on this year.

6281 - 6300 of 6384 Posts