AVS Forum banner

6401 - 6420 of 6639 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Great review and I agree about the Fox luck that’s for me is the most awaited addition I am looking for it and was think it will arrive soon but It’s take more than what I expected but I am sure it will come as cheena confirm but the time hope it soon

Thank you Kris and SJHT for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Great review and I agree about the Fox luck that’s for me is the most awaited addition I am looking for it and was think it will arrive soon but It’s take more than what I expected but I am sure it will come as cheena confirm but the time hope it soon

Thank you Kris and SJHT for sharing

Yes - my one real disappointment has been the lack of movement for the best part of 2 years on immersive content from Universal and Fox. Much has been promised in that time and little has been delivered.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I still believe Fox’s situation is tied to the merger. Their processes will be replaced with Disneys. I’ve personally been involved in several company mergers and seen what happens. We will get it. SJ

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Is there any technical reason why you can’t start watching a movie immediately (ie streaming) as it is downloading for the first time? With gigabit internet becoming more accessible (certainly where I live in Canada) , can’t understand why KScape doesn’t offer this.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Is there any technical reason why you can’t start watching a movie immediately (ie streaming) as it is downloading for the first time? With gigabit internet becoming more accessible (certainly where I live in Canada) , can’t understand why KScape doesn’t offer this.
Coz K is not stream service that’s way and I think with giga net 4k hdr less than 20 min will be ready to watch with no buffering issue just solid view and enjoy

·
Registered
495 Posts
Noticed an audio update came through on the new Bill & Ted.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Coz K is not stream service that’s way and I think with giga net 4k hdr less than 20 min will be ready to watch with no buffering issue just solid view and enjoy

I guess I am impatient ! When you’re browsing a catalog in real time deciding what to watch, it’s nice to click - purchase - watch immediately.

What’s the down side of making it a “stream to own” service ? Would not get buffering errors with reasonably fast broadband.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I guess I am impatient ! When you’re browsing a catalog in real time deciding what to watch, it’s nice to click - purchase - watch immediately.

What’s the down side of making it a “stream to own” service ? Would not get buffering errors with reasonably fast broadband.

From the early announcing K was clear download and watch bit by bit I respect ur opinion but I prefers the recent method and it’s the strong point to K

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
It’s probably possible for K to so this, but they seem (IMHO) to really prioritize things closely as a company. I doubt this would be a high priority as it would be a rather significant enhancement. I’m personally fine with the current process. My last 4K download took 15 minutes (to my Terra Server)... SJ

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I think we will eventually see the ability to preload collections of movies but only a portion of the movies will actually download to our servers. Similar to the way they load our servers with the movie meta data now. I think that would be awesome to eventually browse 1000s of titles on the integrated store and click watch and the movie starts instantly since some of the that movie is already on your server. As your watching the movie, the remaining movie downloads in the background. Never streaming.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don’t see the value prop here, folks. I spent $200K on my theater room (not including furniture), and it’s hard to beat. I still don’t see the value in this unit.
If I’m going to spend this much on a media player, it better offer superior audio and video vs other formats. And this does not. In many cases, it’s inferior.
Plus, when this company goes under — which I think it wil, as streaming services continuously improve their A/V quality, you’re left with a very expensive paper weight.

Help convince me otherwise...

·
Registered
21,217 Posts
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion and how to spend your money. I won't spend time to reiterate all the pluses of Kaleidscape here - suffice to say I'm very happy with mine!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don’t see the value prop here, folks. I spent $200K on my theater room (not including furniture), and it’s hard to beat. I still don’t see the value in this unit.
If I’m going to spend this much on a media player, it better offer superior audio and video vs other formats. And this does not. In many cases, it’s inferior.
Plus, when this company goes under — which I think it wil, as streaming services continuously improve their A/V quality, you’re left with a very expensive paper weight.

Help convince me otherwise...
You have already convinced your self.

No need to.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not trying to bash it, it just doesn’t make any sense to me.
If I want the best image and audio quality, I’ll buy the UHD Blu-Ray. If I want to rent a movie, I’ll stream from Apple TV/Netflix/etc., which look stunning through a Lumagen, and continuously improves. Plus, I can rent. I’m glad some of you are owners and are enjoying yours...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not trying to bash it, it just doesn’t make any sense to me.
If I want the best image and audio quality, I’ll buy the UHD Blu-Ray. If I want to rent a movie, I’ll stream from Apple TV/Netflix/etc., which look stunning through a Lumagen, and continuously improves. Plus, I can rent. I’m glad some of you are owners and are enjoying yours...
What happens when your disc gets scratched?

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
An even better question, what will you do when there are no longer discs and you must stream. I recently played a streaming movie for my wife and then followed up with the same exact movie from K. My wife told me the audio was obviously more impactful. And this was in our family room zone (which still has some decent gear and ATMOS 5.2.1), but nothing like our theater. 4K streaming video is generally pretty good, but not like discs or K. The audio is the area which it’s much more obvious. SJ

6401 - 6420 of 6639 Posts